The report analyses the sector for 2011 and compares it with similar activity in 2009 and 2010. This market includes information and technology companies in capital markets, payments, banking, insurance and other related financial services.
- The most active acquirer between 2009 and 2011 was Thomson Reuters with 11 transactions.
- Total transaction volume in 2011 increased by 2 percent over 2010, from 266 to 271 transactions.
- Total transaction value in 2011 increased by 43 percent over 2010, from $20.52 billion in 2010 to $29.78 billion this year.
- The median revenue multiple increased from 2.2x in 2010 to 2.6x in 2011, while the median EBITDA multiple decreased from 13.5x to 11.6x.
There has been a consistent improvement in the number of Capital Markets transactions, which was the only segment that saw an increase from 2010 to 2011. Indeed, the most active market segment tracked by Berkery Noyes between 2009 and 2011 was Capital Markets with 254 transactions, 100 of which were announced or closed in 2011. The segment’s transaction value for the year was $18.17 billion.
“At present we are seeing destructive creativity going on in a number of financial service sectors,” said Peter Ognibene, Berkery Noyes managing director. “For instance, smart phones have become digital wallets and are enabling a host of banking and other mobile commerce activities. There has also been an increase in consumer focus on wealth management strategies. And as always in times of turmoil and uncertainty – there is a desire for more precise and forward looking risk management tools, especially enterprise-wide.”
Click here to read the full report.
- Berkery Noyes releases 2011 year-end Online & Mobile Industry M&A Report Posted on January 18, 2012
- UK private equity investment in the £10M-£10OM market grows by 44% Posted on January 18, 2012
- Berkery Noyes Releases 2011 Year End Online & Mobile Industry Mergers and Acquisitions Report posted on January 12, 2012
- Berkery Noyes releases 2011 Year End Media Trends Report Posted on January 10, 2012
- AdMedia’s Industry Survey – 2012 Mergers and Acquisitions Prospects for Media, Marketing Services and Related Technology Firms Posted on January 10, 2012
- mergermarket Q3 Monthly M&A Insider report Posted on November 2, 2011
- Berkery Noyes releases third quarter 2011 M&A Update for the Media & Marketing Industry Posted on October 26, 2011
- Quarterly analysis of UK-headquartered private equity control deals in the £10 million to £100 million segment Posted on October 5, 2011
- Half Year Mergers and Acquisitions Trends Report for Private Equity in the Information Industry Posted on August 1, 2011
- Half Year M&A Trends Report for the Financial Technology and Information Industry Posted on July 19, 2011
- Berkery Noyes releases its Half Year M&A Trends Report for the Online & Mobile Industry Posted on July 18, 2011
- Survey of Private Equity fund managers indicates improved optimism – Rothstein Kass’s Private Equity in 2011 report Posted on May 30, 2011
- Internet Advertising Revenues Hit $7.3 Billion in Q1 ’11 Highest First-Quarter Revenue Level on Record According to IAB and PwC Posted on May 30, 2011
- VC Funding in the solar sector off to a Strong Start With Q1 Coming in at $658 Million From Mercom Capital Group – April 12, 2011
- UK Buyout market registers strongest quarter in two years From Lyceum Capital and Cass Business School’s UK Growth Buyout Dashboard – April 8, 2011
- JEGI releases its Media and Information M&A report for Q1 2011 – From Jordan Edmiston Group’s Media and Information M&A report – April 1, 2011
- Investments in green companies and technologies globally now total more than $2 trillion – From Ethical Markets Media‘S The Green Transition Scoreboard – February 22, 2011
- Market Research Report – 2010 Private Equity in the Information Industry Merger & Acquisition Trends – Valuation Metrics up 53% from 2009 – From Berkery Noyes Private Equity in the Information Industry M&A Trends Report – February 4, 2011
- US entertainment and media M&A activity has outpaced the overall US deal market in 2010 – From PwC US – January 31, 2011
- US Financial Technology & Information Industry M&A trends report shows deal value has grown by 27% since 2009 – From Berkery Noyes 2010 Financial Technology & Information M&A Trends Report – January 19, 2011
- Research shows smaller buyouts bounce back in 2010 – From Lyceum Capital and Cass Business School’s UK Growth Buyout Dashboard – January 11, 2011
- US information industry M&A report shows deal value and volume Up 36% – From Berkery Noyes 2010 Information Market M&A Trends Report – January 7, 2011
- AdMedia Partners survey forecasts an increase in traditional media and digital media M&A and improved multiples – The AdMedia Partners annual survey of senior executives – December 30, 2010