The Company has acquired 89.71% of the share capital of Sky Deutschland, with 87.45% acquired through the offer process and the balance acquired subsequent to the close of the offer acceptance period on 3 November 2014.
The acquisition of Sky Italia was for a total consideration of £2.45 billion, £2.07 billion paid in cash and the balance through the transfer to 21st Century Fox of BSkyB’s 21% stake in National Geographic Channel International.
The acquisition of 87.45% of Sky Deutschland through the offer process was for a total consideration of €5.50 billion (representing €6.75 per share), with a further 2.26% being acquired at an average price of €6.20 per share, amounting to €5.63 billion in aggregate.
The enlarged group will serve 20 million customers across five countries: Italy, Germany, Austria, the UK and Ireland. It will also be one of the largest employers in the sector with 31,000 staff across 30 main sites.
Group Chief Executive, Jeremy Darroch will oversee the enlarged group as well as continuing to lead the UK and Ireland business while Andrew Griffith will be Group Chief Financial Officer. Andrea Zappia will continue to lead the business in Italy as Chief Executive of Sky Italia and Brian Sullivan remains Chief Executive of Sky Deutschland AG.
UK, London & Italy, Milan & Germany, Unterföhring, Bavaria
- Sky tops up its investment in Roku Posted on October 2, 2014
- BSkyB to acquire Sky Italia and a 57.4% stake in Sky Deutschland Posted on July 28, 2014
- Sky acquires majority stake in Love Productions Posted on July 22, 2014
- News Corporation to sell its stake in SKY New Zealand Posted on March 7, 2013
- Manchester United acquires BskyB’s One-Third Stake in MUTV Posted on January 24, 2013
- Sky acquires Parthenon Media Group Posted on July 30, 2012
- News Corporation acquires a stake in MOBY Group Posted on January 18, 2012
- BSkyB invests in Zeebox Posted on January 9, 2012
- Shine Group acquires ChannelFlip Posted on January 9, 2012
- Specific Media has acquired Myspace from News Corporation Posted on June 30, 2011
- News Corporation pays A$45 million for Kidspot Posted on June 29, 2011
- News Corp completes the Shine Group acquisition Posted on April 5, 2011 — Fusion DigiNet
- News Corporation to acquire Shine Group Posted on February 21, 2011
- Photobucket and Ontela to merge Posted on January 21, 2011
- News Corp. sells Fox Mobile Group to Jesta Group Posted on December 23, 2010
- News Corp acquires Wireless Generation Posted on November 23, 2010
- News Corporation acquires Skiff and makes an investment in Journalism Online Posted on June 15, 2010
- BSkyB acquires Virgin Media Television Posted on June 6, 2010
- News Corp. invests in Beyond Oblivion Posted on April 26, 2010
- News Corp. acquires games developer Irata Labs Posted on April 23, 2010
- News Corporation is considering the sale of Berlin based Jamba Posted on March 11, 2010
- News Corporation acquires a stake in Rotana Group Posted on February 23, 2010
- CME buys 90% stake of the Dow Jones Indexes business for $607.5 million Posted on February 12, 2010
- Lachlan Murdoch sells $28m News Corp stake Posted on November 30, 2009
- MySpace Buys ad supported music streamer Imeem Posted on November 19, 2009