Fusion Corporate Partners are pleased to announce the completion of the acquisition of Kingsman SA by Platts. Fusion acted exclusively for the shareholders of Kingsman SA. The team responsible for this transaction was Paul Slight and Paul Kelly.
The acquisition, whose purchase price was not disclosed, was originally announced on Fusion DigiNet on October 16.
Platts, a leading global provider of energy, petrochemical and metals information and a division of The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. has completed its acquisition of Kingsman SA, a privately-held, Switzerland-based provider of price information and analytics for the global sugar and biofuels markets.
“The acquisition of Kingsman broadens Platts’ capabilities in biofuels, provides an entry to the agriculture markets, and adds widely respected skills in fundamental market analysis,” said Harold McGraw III, chairman, president and chief executive officer for The McGraw-Hill Companies.
A leading information provider for the sugar markets, Kingsman offers a range of daily, weekly and monthly reports covering ethanol and biodiesel as well as sugar. As a unit of Platts’ new agricultural group, Kingsman will continue to offer its existing product portfolio under the Kingsman brand and under the day-to-day leadership of its founder Jonathan Kingsman
Founded in 1990 and based in Lausanne, Kingsman employs analysts, researchers and report writers in key markets including Bangkok, London, Montreal, New Delhi and Sao Paulo. It serves a global clientele of producers, traders, refiners, financial institutions and end-users, offering a variety of subscription publications covering sugar, ethanol and biodiesel.
“Kingsman’s prime focus on market analysis, supply and demand fundamentals and trade flows complements Platts’ long-standing expertise in reporting news, assessing prices and explaining the factors driving those prices,” said Larry Neal, president of Platts.
USA, New York, NY & Switzerland, Lusanne
- Kingsman SA, the Switzerland-based provider of price information and analytics for the global sugar and biofuels markets, to be acquired by Platts Posted on October 16, 2012
- The McGraw-Hill Companies reports record 2nd quarter Posted on July 30, 2012
- McGraw Hill to split into two public companies Posted on September 13, 2011
- Platts to acquire Steel Business Briefing Group Posted on June 30, 2011
- Platts completes acquisition of BENTEK Energy Posted on January 5, 2011
- Platts to acquire BENTEK Energy Posted on December 14, 2010
- Platts to acquire Oil Price Information Service (OPIS) Posted on December 9, 2010
- McGraw-Hill Education acquires Starting Out, provider of life-skills and workforce development reference resources Posted on November 7, 2010
OTHER FUSION DEALS:
Media and Information
- CRU Group acquires Fertecon Research Centre Posted on October 28, 2012
- International grain trading conferences, Global Grain Geneva and Global Grain Asia, sold to Euromoney Institutional Investor
- Fertilizer market information and analysis business Fertecon sold to Informa Group
- A Fusion Deal: FMB Consultants sold to Argus Media
- Econsultancy sold to Centaur Posted on July 10, 2012
- www.Bit-Tech.net, the leading PC customisation online community and review site, sold to Dennis Publishing
- DMG Information sold Hobsons, its pan-European corporate recruitment print, web, event and market research operations, to Group GTI
- Hedgefund Intelligence, global B2B newsletter publishers and online data provider to the hedgefund sector, sold to Euromoney Institutional Investor
- www.digitalspy.co.uk the UK’s largest independent entertainment news website sold to Hachette Filipacchi UK
- www.CarDesignNews.com, a leading international B2B community website sold to Ultima Media
- MyHobbyStore.co.uk has acquired Model Collector and Stamp Magazine from IPC Media
- Trusted Reviews the UK’s premier electronic product review website sold to IPC Media
- Kable Ltd, the B2B online market intelligence provider and event organiser for the ICT sector sold to Guardian News & Media
- Petrolheads, the leading sports car enthusiast community and classified website, sold to Haymarket Publishing Group
- Visordown Ltd, owner of the leading UK motorcyclist community website www.visordown.com sold to Magicalia Ltd
- Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC sold Raven Fox Ltd, publisher of B2B journal Duty Free News to The Metroplolis Group
- Magicalia, the leading consumer special interest community website publisher, sold to Exponent Private Equity
- Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC sold Atalink Ltd, a specialist contract publisher, to Ten Alps PLC
- Global Professional Media Ltd, publisher of leading B2B weekly Legal Week, sold to Incisive Media PLC
- Energy specialist Utilyx sold to MITIE Group
- Utility Masters Limited sold to M&C Energy Group
- Encore International sold to McKinnon & Clarke
- John Hall Associates, the leading supplier of Energy market intelligence and procurement services, sold to EnergyQuote
- Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC sold Energy Information Centre Ltd, an energy intelligence provider, to Broadfern Partners
- Carson Systems sold to Wellesley Information Services
- eLitigation business Legal Inc is acquired by Grant Thornton
- Zig Zag Holdings, the leading UK independent TV Producer of factual and factual entertainment shows, sold to Banijay Entertainment
- UKIP Media & Events sold its aviation exhibition division, incorporating Aircraft Interiors Expo, to Reed Exhibitions
- Telcap Ltd, a leading B2B events and publshing business, sold to Euromoney Institutional Investor Plc