Fusion Corporate Partners are pleased to announce our latest deal. Fertecon Research Centre, the phosphates and sulphur analysis and price-forecasting business, has been sold CRU Group. Paul Kelly, Director at Fusion, acted exclusively for the vendors. The FRC team and product range will join CRU’s long-established fertilizer analysis and consultancy operation. The terms of the deal are not being disclosed.
Michael Mew and Ian Service, the two owners of Fertecon Research Centre, will continue to work on the FRC products. Sarah Marlow, FRC’s phosphates analyst, will also be joining CRU’s fertilizer team, working across CRU’s expanded phosphates portfolio.
FRC was founded in 1991 and has a reputation for the strength and consistency of its analysis, and the loyalty of its customers. In the phosphates field, FRC publishes quarterly forecasting analysis reports on concentrated phosphates and phosphate rock, as well as the Phosphates Datafile and a monthly report on the global DAP market.
FRC also publishes a quarterly forecasting and analysis report on sulphur, along with a monthly market update. The next FRC product to be published post-acquisition will be the phosphate rock outlook, out this month.
The FRC acquisition strengthens and extends CRU’s existing portfolio of fertilizer analysis. CRU publishes its Phosphate Fertilizer and Phosphate Rock Market Outlooks, accompanied by cost reports covering finished phosphates and phosphate rock, as well as Market Outlooks for Sulphur and Sulphuric Acid. This year CRU has invested in developing the methodologies and format of its portfolio of Market Outlooks, increasing their value, robustness and ease-of-use for customers.
Nick Morgan, Chief Executive of CRU, said: “We saw in FRC strong products built on a foundation of long years in the industry. We see major value in the experience and reputation of the three analysts who join us and who between them have spent more than 90 years in these markets. We are very pleased to welcome them to CRU.”
Both Michael Mew and Ian Service welcomed the acquisition, saying: “This is an exciting development, bringing together two of the most experienced companies in the fertilizer industry analysis sector. FRC subscribers in the sulphur and phosphate industries will benefit from the additional resources that will become available, not least CRU’s established consulting group, CRU Strategies, its world-wide network of offices and its widely acclaimed phosphate and sulphur conferences.”
Previous CRU acquisitions:
1986 – British Sulphur Consultants
1996 – Resource Strategies Inc
2006 – Commodity Metals Management Company
2012 – Ryan’s Notes
- CRU Group acquires Ryan’s Notes Posted on August 22, 2012
OTHER FUSION DEALS:
Media and Information
- International grain trading conferences, Global Grain Geneva and Global Grain Asia, sold to Euromoney Institutional Investor
- Fertilizer market information and analysis business Fertecon sold to Informa Group
- A Fusion Deal: FMB Consultants sold to Argus Media
- Econsultancy sold to Centaur Posted on July 10, 2012
- www.Bit-Tech.net, the leading PC customisation online community and review site, sold to Dennis Publishing
- DMG Information sold Hobsons, its pan-European corporate recruitment print, web, event and market research operations, to Group GTI
- Hedgefund Intelligence, global B2B newsletter publishers and online data provider to the hedgefund sector, sold to Euromoney Institutional Investor
- www.digitalspy.co.uk the UK’s largest independent entertainment news website sold to Hachette Filipacchi UK
- www.CarDesignNews.com, a leading international B2B community website sold to Ultima Media
- MyHobbyStore.co.uk has acquired Model Collector and Stamp Magazine from IPC Media
- Trusted Reviews the UK’s premier electronic product review website sold to IPC Media
- Kable Ltd, the B2B online market intelligence provider and event organiser for the ICT sector sold to Guardian News & Media
- Petrolheads, the leading sports car enthusiast community and classified website, sold to Haymarket Publishing Group
- Visordown Ltd, owner of the leading UK motorcyclist community website www.visordown.com sold to Magicalia Ltd
- Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC sold Raven Fox Ltd, publisher of B2B journal Duty Free News to The Metroplolis Group
- Magicalia, the leading consumer special interest community website publisher, sold to Exponent Private Equity
- Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC sold Atalink Ltd, a specialist contract publisher, to Ten Alps PLC
- Global Professional Media Ltd, publisher of leading B2B weekly Legal Week, sold to Incisive Media PLC
- Energy specialist Utilyx sold to MITIE Group
- Utility Masters Limited sold to M&C Energy Group
- Encore International sold to McKinnon & Clarke
- John Hall Associates, the leading supplier of Energy market intelligence and procurement services, sold to EnergyQuote
- Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC sold Energy Information Centre Ltd, an energy intelligence provider, to Broadfern Partners
- Carson Systems sold to Wellesley Information Services
- eLitigation business Legal Inc is acquired by Grant Thornton
- Zig Zag Holdings, the leading UK independent TV Producer of factual and factual entertainment shows, sold to Banijay Entertainment
- UKIP Media & Events sold its aviation exhibition division, incorporating Aircraft Interiors Expo, to Reed Exhibitions
- Telcap Ltd, a leading B2B events and publshing business, sold to Euromoney Institutional Investor Plc
About CRU: Founded in 1969, CRU Group is the leading, independent, global metals, mining and fertilizer analysis, consultancy and conference business. Employing more than 225 staff in London, Beijing, Pittsburgh, Santiago and Mumbai and with representative offices in Sydney and Sao Paolo, CRU is dedicated to promoting quality analysis and insight to its global customer base.
About FRC: Fertecon Research Centre was formed in 1991 and since then has provided analysis and price forecasting in the sulphur and phosphates field. Between them owners Michael Mew and Ian Service have 76 years of experience.