Fusion Corporate Partners are pleased to announce our latest deal, the sale of FMB Consultants Ltd (FMB) to leading energy price reporting agency Argus Media. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
FMB is a leader in the provision of timely and accurate intelligence on the world fertilizer market. FMB reports monitor global trade and pricing for nitrogen, phosphate, sulphur, potash and ammonia. Founded in 1982, FMB publishes 100 price references, which are widely used for benchmark pricing and settlement of derivatives. FMB Conferences and Exhibitions are currently run on four continents, providing major networking opportunities for senior industry executives.
Argus chairman and chief executive Adrian Binks said “FMB is a natural fit with Argus’ strategy of expanding its commodity market reporting capabilities beyond energy. Like Argus, FMB has developed an excellent reputation for bringing transparency to opaque markets. We look forward to working with FMB staff to combine their deep expertise with Argus’ global reach and scale”.
Kevin Hill, Director at FMB said “We are delighted to be joining Argus and look forward to further developing FMB’s products and services utilising Argus’ global presence, technical resources and commercial team. FMB and Argus share the same cultural strengths based on close relationships with the industries they serve, and a resolute commitment to high quality reporting, ethics and integrity.”
Paul Slight, Partner at Fusion said, “We have known Kevin and the rest of the team at FMB for many years and were delighted to have the opportunity to work with them. FMB is a great business and tailor-made for Argus. I am sure it will be a great success in its new home.”
Fusion acted exclusively for the shareholders of FMB Consultants. The team responsible for this transaction were Paul Slight (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Paul Kelly (email@example.com). Waterfront Solicitors, headed by Matthew Cunningham, provided legal advice to the vendors.
Other Fusion Deals:
Media and Information
- www.Bit-Tech.net, the leading PC customisation online community and review site, sold to Dennis Publishing
- DMG Information sold Hobsons, its pan-European corporate recruitment print, web, event and market research operations, to Group GTI
- Hedgefund Intelligence, global B2B newsletter publishers and online data provider to the hedgefund sector, sold to Euromoney Institutional Investor
- www.digitalspy.co.uk the UK’s largest independent entertainment news website sold to Hachette Filipacchi UK
- www.CarDesignNews.com, a leading international B2B community website sold to Ultima Media
- MyHobbyStore.co.uk has acquired Model Collector and Stamp Magazine from IPC Media
- Trusted Reviews the UK’s premier electronic product review website sold to IPC Media
- Kable Ltd, the B2B online market intelligence provider and event organiser for the ICT sector sold to Guardian News & Media
- Petrolheads, the leading sports car enthusiast community and classified website, sold to Haymarket Publishing Group
- Visordown Ltd, owner of the leading UK motorcyclist community website www.visordown.com sold to Magicalia Ltd
- Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC sold Raven Fox Ltd, publisher of B2B journal Duty Free News to The Metroplolis Group
- Magicalia, the leading consumer special interest community website publisher, sold to Exponent Private Equity
- Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC sold Atalink Ltd, a specialist contract publisher, to Ten Alps PLC
- Global Professional Media Ltd, publisher of leading B2B weekly Legal Week, sold to Incisive Media PLC
- Utility Masters Limited sold to M&C Energy Group
- Encore International sold to McKinnon & Clarke
- John Hall Associates, the leading supplier of Energy market intelligence and procurement services, sold to EnergyQuote
- Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC sold Energy Information Centre Ltd, an energy intelligence provider, to Broadfern Partners
- eLitigation business Legal Inc is acquired by Grant Thornton
- Zig Zag Holdings, the leading UK independent TV Producer of factual and factual entertainment shows, sold to Banijay Entertainment
- UKIP Media & Events sold its aviation exhibition division, incorporating Aircraft Interiors Expo, to Reed Exhibitions
- Telcap Ltd, a leading B2B events and publshing business, sold to Euromoney Institutional Investor Plc
You must be logged in to post a comment.