GlobalData PLC has announced the acquisition of MEED Media FZ LLC from Ascential PLC for a cash consideration of $17.5 million. MEED, formerly known as the Middle East Economist Digest, provides premium business information content with an industry focus on infrastructure and projects in the Middle East. The business services its growing client base principally through annual subscription contracts.
As reported on Fusion DigiNet in January 2016, GlobalData Holding Limited, a company then owned by Mike Danson and Wayne Lloyd, was acquired by Progressive Digital Media Group Plc. Mike Danson is Executive Chairman of Progressive Digital Media Group.
Commenting on the acquisition Bernard Cragg, Executive Chairman of GlobalData, said: “MEED gives the Group the opportunity to further expand into a key region and adds an additional industry vertical to our offering whilst maintaining our disciplined investment criteria of premium proprietary content and strong renewable subscription based revenues.”
UK, London & UAE, Dubai
- Ascential sells its 11 remaining UK-based Heritage Brands to Metropolis International for £23.5M Posted on June 1, 2017
- Ascential plc acquires MediaLink for up to $207M Posted on February 8, 2017
- Wilmington acquire Health Service Journal from Ascential for £19M Posted on January 20, 2017
- Ascentual acquires One Click Retail Posted on September 25, 2016
- Progressive Digital Media Group acquires GlobalData Holding Limited Posted on January 14, 2016
- Progressive Digital Media Group completes the acquisition of Datamonitor Financial, Datamonitor Consumer, MarketLine and Verdict businesses from Informa September 1, 2015
- Progressive Digital Media Group acquires CurrentAnalysis Posted on July 8, 2014
- Progressive Digital Media Group – preliminary results for 2013 Posted on February 24, 2014
- Progressive Digital Media Group acquires Pyramid Research from UBM Posted on December 12, 2013
- Progressive Digital Media Group – first 6 months results Posted on July 30, 2013
- Progressive Digital Media Group preliminary results for the year ended 31 December 2012 Posted on March 1, 2013
- Progressive Digital Media Group Plc – interim report for the six months ended 30 June 2012 Posted on July 26, 2012
- Progressive Digital Media Group acquires Kable from Guardian News and Media Posted on July 5, 2012
- Progressive Digital Media Group Plc announces preliminary results for 2011 Posted on March 7, 2012
You must be logged in to post a comment.