According to French newspaper Le Figaro, French media group Lagardère has received three preliminary offers for the magazines it has put up for sale and expects firm offers by Feb. 15. These were from Be magazine founder Didier Quillot, Marc Laufer of NewsCo and Pascale Chevalier of ReWorld Media.
In total, 25 offers have been received, but only five of these were for all of the publications.
In October last year Lagardère said it planned to sell 10 magazine titles, including Premiere, Psychologies and Be. The 1o magazine have a combined annual turnover of about €50 million and make a loss of between €1.5 and €2 million.
Le Figaro said another reason the price tag was likely to be small was because Lagardère would finance departures as part of a law in France that allows journalists to resign with compensation when the ownership of their publication changes. This could cost between €5 and €7 million.
- Lagardère completes its hostile takeover of LeGuide Posted on June 20, 2012
- Hearst Corporation acquires 20% stake in Stylus Media Group Posted on March 28, 2012
- Immediate Media acquires You & Your Wedding and Prima Baby from Hearst Magazines UK Posted on January 12, 2012
- Hearst Corporation completes the acquisition of the majority of Hachette China operations Posted onDecember 6, 2011
- Kaboodle to merge With StyleSpot Posted on October 3, 2011
- Hearst Magazines UK announces its senior team Posted on September 23, 2011
- Hearst Corporation completes UK portion of Lagardère Global Acquisition Posted on August 6, 2011
- Hearst completes U.S. portion and majority of its overall acquisition of Lagardere’s international magazine business Posted on June 1, 2011
- Lagardere and Hearst sign the share purchase agreement for the sale of Lagardere’s international magazine business Posted on March 29, 2011
- Negotiations for Hearst’s Acquisition of Lagardere’s International Press and Magazine Business confirmed Posted onJanuary 5, 2011
- Lagardère may sell its portfolio of international titles either Hearst Corp or Bauer Media Group Posted on December 21, 2010
- Hearst Corporation acquires iCrossing Posted onJune 6, 2010