Based in Tokyo, Japan, Wizcorp develops games on behalf of others mainly in the mobile space, with particular expertise in HTML5 and other mobile technologies. Wizcorp was established in 2008 and has provided game development as a service to a wide variety of Japanese publishers and developers such as LINE, Square Enix, Avex, Yahoo Japan, and Bandai Namco, as well as undertaking game development for its parent company, Ankama.
Wizcorp’s 35-person strong team, led by CEO Guillaume Hansali, is made up of software engineers and artists from around the world. With annual revenues of JPY 310m, it is well established in the fast-paced Japanese mobile development market.
The business has not made a profit under its existing ownership structure. Keywords expect it to be able to achieve margins at similar levels to Keywords’ existing Engineering Service line once it builds scale and is aligned with their existing operations.
Christopher Kennedy, Regional Managing Director – Asia of Keywords Studios commented: “We look forward to replicating the success of our previous transaction with our long-standing client, Ankama, which saw us acquire their 23 people strong captive player support operation in Manila in March 2016 before building it into a multi-client player support hub that now employs 700 people. We see a strong opportunity to accelerate Wizcorp’s growth by building on its existing services for some of Ankama’s game development needs and providing it with opportunities to work with Keywords’ extensive client base.”
Ireland, Dublin and Japan, Tokyo
- Keywords Studios acquires The TrailerFarm Posted on September 18, 2018
- Keywords Studios acquires Studio Gobo and Electric Square Posted on August 29, 2018
- Keywords Studios acquires AI and machine learning firm Yokozuna Data Posted on July 23, 2018
- Keywords Studios acquires Snowed In Studios for $4M (CAD) Posted on July 20, 2018
- Keywords acquires Blindlight for up to $10M Posted on June 11, 2018
- Keywords Studios acquires Fire Without Smoke Posted on May 30, 2018
- Keywords Studios acquires games developer Sperasoft Posted on December 13, 2017
- Keywords acquires La Marque Rose, Asrec, Dune Sound and Around the Word – all in Paris Posted on August 4, 2017
- Keywords Studios acquires Spov Posted on February 20, 2017
- Keywords Studios acquires Enzyme Testing Labs Posted on November 17, 2016
- Keywords Studios acquires Player Research Ltd Posted on October 26, 2016
- Keywords Studios acquires Synthesis for up to €18m Posted on April 13, 2016
- Keywords Studios – early completion of Binari Sonori earn out Posted on January 20, 2015
- Keywords Studios acquires Lakshya Digital in India Posted on October 10, 2014
- Keywords acquires Binari Sonori in Italy Posted on May 9, 2014
- Keywords Studios acquires Babel Media Posted on February 18, 2014
- Keywords Studios acquires Liquid Violet Posted on January 19, 2014