Keywords Studios, a technical services provider to the video games industry, has acquired the assets and business of GetSocial B.V. a company based in The Hague, Netherlands. The terms of the deal were not disclosed.
GetSocial is a cloud-based software platform that provides a comprehensive and robust suite of functions that enable games developers to manage all social interactions between their game, their players and their friends’ networks. Providing a toolkit for customer acquisition, customer retention and customer engagement, GetSocial clients include mobile game companies such as Ubisoft Mobile Games, Sega, Truly Social Games and Kolibri Games.
GetSocial works with Android, iOS and Unity apps, and supports interactions on most social media and messaging platforms including Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Telegram, Line, Kakao, Viber, Hangouts, and Kik. The GetSocial platform powers referrals and in-app communities for 100+ million users and has a proven track record of helping to retain existing players and acquire new players, thereby increasing the lifetime value of players for its clients.
GetSocial’s team of 12 engineers led by CEO, Jeroen Bouman, and COO and Founder, Viral Patel, are all joining Keywords. GetSocial is currently in a development phase, having invested ahead of building revenues, but it is expected to become profitable during 2020.
GetSocial further expands our range of cloud-based solutions which includes AS Analyser (automated GDPR compliance testing for Android and iOS apps), Yokozuna Data (cloud based predictive analytics and machine learning platform for predicting individual player behaviours and automated actions), XLOC (content management system for video game localisation), and Conform (3D geospatial visualisation software for procedural generation of cityscapes and terrains for games, simulation and urban planning).
Andrew Day, CEO of Keywords Studios commented:
“I am delighted to welcome the talented GetSocial team to the Keywords family. It extends our technology base further, bringing to Keywords a leading edge capability built around the social interactions of players in games, which we hope to promote more widely and develop further. As part of the Group, GetSocial will work alongside both our engineering and marketing services teams. It will be fully supported by our worldwide sales team in introducing these capabilities to Keywords’ game developer and publisher clients globally, for whom technology that supports social sharing is an important part of attracting and retaining gamers.”
Ireland, Dublin & Netherlands, The Hague
- Keywords Studios acquires The TrailerFarm Posted on September 18, 2018
- Keywords Studios acquires Studio Gobo and Electric Square Posted on August 29, 2018
- Keywords Studios acquires AI and machine learning firm Yokozuna Data Posted on July 23, 2018
- Keywords Studios acquires Snowed In Studios for $4M (CAD) Posted on July 20, 2018
- Keywords acquires Blindlight for up to $10M Posted on June 11, 2018
- Keywords Studios acquires Fire Without Smoke Posted on May 30, 2018
- Keywords Studios acquires games developer Sperasoft Posted on December 13, 2017
- Keywords acquires La Marque Rose, Asrec, Dune Sound and Around the Word – all in Paris Posted on August 4, 2017
- Keywords Studios acquires Spov Posted on February 20, 2017
- Keywords Studios acquires Enzyme Testing Labs Posted on November 17, 2016
- Keywords Studios acquires Player Research Ltd Posted on October 26, 2016
- Keywords Studios acquires Synthesis for up to €18m Posted on April 13, 2016
- Keywords Studios – early completion of Binari Sonori earn out Posted on January 20, 2015
- Keywords Studios acquires Lakshya Digital in India Posted on October 10, 2014
- Keywords acquires Binari Sonori in Italy Posted on May 9, 2014
- Keywords Studios acquires Babel Media Posted on February 18, 2014
- Keywords Studios acquires Liquid Violet Posted on January 19, 2014