ITE Group is to acquire Mining Indaba from Euromoney Institutional Investor plc in a deal worth £30.1 million on a cash-free, debt-free basis. The acquisition includes an initial cash consideration of £20 million to be paid on completion, with a deferred cash consideration of £10.1 million to be paid in June 2019. The acquisition will be funded from a combination of ITE’s existing cash resources and bank borrowing.
Mining Indaba is a leading event dedicated to bringing together mining and investment experts involved in Africa. The exhibition, held in Cape Town, South Africa, was founded in 1995 and marked its 24th edition in February 2018. The next edition is scheduled for 4–7 February 2019. In the year to 28 February 2018, which encompasses the 2018 event, ITE says Mining Indaba generated sales of £7.2 million (US$9.36 million) and EBITDA of £3.7 million. As at 28 February 2018, Mining Indaba reported gross assets, excluding cash, of £600,000.
ITE chief executive officer Mark Shashoua said, “We are delighted to be able to add Mining Indaba, another well-regarded must-attend event, to our portfolio. This acquisition is consistent with our stated strategy of making disciplined and value-enhancing acquisitions of market-leading events and Mining Indaba is also highly complementary to our AOW exhibition. We believe the acquisition will deliver value for our shareholders and consolidate our position as an organiser of must-attend international industry events.”
- ITE sells metalworking exhibition Metaltech in Malaysia to UBM Posted on April 24, 2018
- A Fusion Deal: Sale of 50.1% stake in Global Pacific & Partners’ worldwide conference portfolio to ITE Group plc Posted on March 13, 2015
- ITE Group acquires transportation and logistics exhibition business Breakbulk Posted on December 23, 2014
- ITE acquires Eurasia Rail exhibition in Turkey Posted on December 2, 2014
- ITE acquires 50% of DUBM in Indonesia Posted on June 11, 2014
- ITE Group – Annual Financial Report Posted on December 27, 2013
- ITE revenues up 12% following a year of Asian acquisitions Posted on December 5, 2013
- ITE establishes a presence in China with the creation of Sinostar ITE Ltd Posted on November 18, 2013
- ITE Group acquires Platform Exhibitions in Turkey Posted on October 15, 2013
- ITE Pre-close trading update for the year ending 30 September 2013 Posted on October 1, 2013
- ITE Group plc – Interim Management Statement for the period April to July 2013 Posted on July 16, 2013
- ITE Group – results for the 6 months to March 2013 Posted on May 22, 2013
- ITE Group acquires Trade Link ITE Posted on February 4, 2013
- ITE Group acquires a minority stake in ABEC in India Posted on December 4, 2012
- ITE Group acquires Krasnodar Expo Posted on March 3, 2011
- ITE Group acquires Russian exhibition organiser, MVK for €33 million Posted on December 20, 2010
- ITE acquires two Ukrainian exhibitions Posted on April 16, 2012
You must be logged in to post a comment.