ITE Enterprises Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of ITE Group Plc, has acquired Breakbulk Holdco UK Ltd and its subsidiary companies from Electra backed, AXIO Data Group for up to $42 million (c.£26.8 million).
Breakbulk consists of a series of exhibitions, serving the transportation and logistics market for large scale project equipment, which are held annually in Houston, Antwerp, Shanghai, Johannesburg, Istanbul and Sao Paulo. In addition, the acquisition brings to ITE a magazine in print and digital format with expanded industry coverage along with its exhibition websites which serve the global breakbulk community.
The transaction is financed out of the Group’s existing cash and bank facilities and is expected to be earnings enhancing in the current financial year. Out of the total consideration of c.$42 million, $40 million was paid on completion with the balance payable once Breakbulk’s results for the period ended 31 December 2015 are available. The value of the gross assets being acquired is around $14m. The total profits generated by the assets acquired in the period ended 31 December 2013 was $2.6m. The Group anticipates that the purchase price equates to circa 8.5x expected FY15 EBITDA.
Breakbulk’s main events take place in Shanghai in March, Antwerp in April and Houston in October. Forward bookings for these 3 events for FY2015 are currently c90% of budget.
The current management team including Breakbulk’s Managing Director, Alli McEntyre will stay with the business.
Commenting on the acquisition, ITE’s Chief Executive Officer, Russell Taylor, said:
“ITE is continuing to build businesses in strategically important industry sectors and the acquisition of Breakbulk increases our presence in the global transportation and logistics sector. This complementary move represents progress in achieving the Group’s ambitions to expand its operations in markets and geographies with further potential for growthas well as continuing to diversify the geo-political risk in our portfolio.
- ITE acquires Eurasia Rail exhibition in Turkey December 2, 2014
- ITE acquires 50% of DUBM in Indonesia Posted on June 11, 2014
- ITE Group – Annual Financial Report December 27, 2013
- ITE revenues up 12% following a year of Asian acquisitions Posted on December 5, 2013
- ITE establishes a presence in China with the creation of Sinostar ITE Ltd Posted on November 18, 2013
- ITE Group acquires Platform Exhibitions in Turkey Posted on October 15, 2013
- ITE Pre-close trading update for the year ending 30 September 2013 Posted on October 1, 2013
- ITE Group plc – Interim Management Statement for the period April to July 2013 Posted on July 16, 2013
- ITE Group – results for the 6 months to March 2013 Posted on May 22, 2013
- ITE Group acquires Trade Link ITE Posted on February 4, 2013
- ITE Group acquires a minority stake in ABEC in India Posted on December 4, 2012
- ITE Group acquires Krasnodar Expo Posted on March 3, 2011
- ITE Group acquires Russian exhibition organiser, MVK for €33 million December 20, 2010
- ITE acquires two Ukrainian exhibitions Posted on April 16, 2012