ITE Group‘s wholly owned subsidiary, International Trade and Exhibitions Overseas Ltd, has established a 50:50 Joint Venture (“Sinostar ITE“), with Hong Kong based Worldcoat Exhibitions Ltd.
As part of the transaction, Sinostar ITE has acquired the ChinaCoat / SF China exhibition from Sinostar International Ltd, a company controlled by Mr Raymond Ho, owner of Worldcoat. ITE’s investment in Sinostar ITE is c. £33m, financed out of the Group’s existing cash and bank facilities and is expected to be earnings enhancing in the current financial year.
The ChinaCoat / SF China exhibition serves the paints, coatings and surface finishing industries in China and the surrounding region. The exhibition is held in November each year and alternates between Shanghai and Guangzhou. The upcoming 2013 exhibition will be held in Shanghai, marking the 26th edition of this event, which is expected to sell more than 35,000m2 net and be attended by over 30,000 professional visitors. The 2012 event, which took place in Guangzhou, was 31,000 m2 net and had more than 28,000 visitors.
Out of the total consideration of c.£33m, c.£30m was paid on completion with the balance payable in June 2014 once Sinostar ITE’s results for the period ended 31 March 2014 are available. The value of the gross assets being acquired is c. £33m. The total profits generated by the assets acquired by Sinostar ITE in the period ended 31 March 2013 was £6.5m.
The owner of Worldcoat and the current CEO of Sinostar International, Mr Raymond Ho, will become CEO of Sinostar ITE.
ITE’s Chief Executive Officer, Russell Taylor, commented, “ITE has taken an important step in building a business in China. I am delighted that the creation of Sinostar ITE, in partnership with Worldcoat, further increases our business presence in Asia. This move represents progress in achieving the Group’s aims to expand its territorial operations in markets with further potential for growth.
UK, London & Hong Kong
- ITE Group acquires Platform Exhibitions in Turkey Posted on October 15, 2013
- ITE Pre-close trading update for the year ending 30 September 2013 Posted on October 1, 2013
- ITE Group plc – Interim Management Statement for the period April to July 2013 Posted on July 16, 2013
- ITE Group – results for the 6 months to March 2013 Posted on May 22, 2013
- ITE Group acquires Trade Link ITE Posted on February 4, 2013
- ITE Group acquires a minority stake in ABEC in India Posted on December 4, 2012
- ITE Group acquires Krasnodar Expo Posted on March 3, 2011
- ITE Group acquires Russian exhibition organiser, MVK for €33 million December 20, 2010
- ITE acquires two Ukrainian exhibitions Posted on April 16, 2012
You must be logged in to post a comment.