Layer123, a content and sponsorship-led events business focusing on innovation in the rapidly-evolving space of telecoms network strategy, has sold a 61% stake in the business to Euromoney. Fusion Corporate Partners acted as corporate advisor for Layer123. The Fusion team was led by Mark Eisenstadt, Director at Fusion. The terms of the deals were not disclosed. Euromoney has options to acquire the rest of the equity in Layer123 over the next few years.
Layer123 was launched in 2010 and offers telecoms network events specialising in knowledge exchange between technical and network strategy teams from telecoms operators, software and hardware vendors and other service providers. The main focus of the business is network innovation for carriers, including SDN (Software-Defined Networks), NFV (Network Functions Virtualization), SD-WAN (Software-Defined WAN), Security, 5G Core, Access & Transport Networking and Optical Networking.
The founders, Robert Jones and Mark Lum, will remain with the business for at least the next three years. Mark Lum is a widely respected analyst with over 30 years’ experience in carrier network markets. Robert Jones has 20 years’ experience in event organisation, founding and building some of the world’s leading telecoms networking conferences and exhibitions.
Layer123 will be managed as part of Rosalind Irving’s Telcap portfolio, further expanding Euromoney’s presence in the telecoms markets.
“Layer123 welcomes the opportunity to join the Euromoney family of events and knowledge-based businesses”, said Robert Jones. “We see real opportunities to build the business over the coming years within such a well-regarded organisation. As a fan of the Capacity events for well over a decade, I’m confident that Layer123 will feel very much at home. We look forward to working with you!”
Speaking about the sale, Fusion’s Mark Eisenstadt said, “It was a pleasure to represent Mark Lum & Robert Jones and their market leading business, Layer123. They have created the industry knowledge exchange for network strategy professionals. Euromoney offer the right philosophy, experience and resources to help exploit the enormous market opportunities offered by this dynamic and disruptive innovation sector. Fusion previously represented Telcap in their acquisition by Euromoney and have witnessed it’s further meteoric growth under their guidance. We trust this new partnership will breed similar success.”
Other Fusion Media & Business Information
- Incisive Media’s Legal Week sold to ALM
- Creditflux sold to Mergermarket Group
- Incisive Media’s AVCJ and Unquote sold to Mergermarket
- Incisive Media’s Accountancy Age and Financial Director sold to Blenheim Chalcot and its portfolio company Contentive
- Law Business Research sold to Bowmark Capital
- NHiS sold to Wilmington Group
- CRU Group acquires Fertecon Research Centre
- Kingsman SA, the Switzerland-based provider of price information and analytics for the global sugar and biofuels markets, sold to Platts
- E-consultancy.com sold to Centaur Media plc
- Fertilizer market information and analysis business Fertecon sold to Informa Group
- FMB Consultants sold to Argus Media
- www.Bit-Tech.net, the leading PC customisation online community and review site, sold to Dennis Publishing
- DMG Information sold Hobsons, its pan-European corporate recruitment print, web, event and market research operations, to Group GTI
- Hedgefund Intelligence, global B2B newsletter publishers and online data provider to the hedgefund sector, sold to Euromoney Institutional Investor
- www.digitalspy.co.uk the UK’s largest independent entertainment news website sold to Hachette Filipacchi UK
- www.CarDesignNews.com, a leading international B2B community website sold to Ultima Media
- MyHobbyStore.co.uk has acquired Model Collector and Stamp Magazine from IPC Media
- Trusted Reviews the UK’s premier electronic product review website sold to IPC Media
- Kable Ltd, the B2B online market intelligence provider and event organiser for the ICT sector sold to Guardian News & Media
- Petrolheads, the leading sports car enthusiast community and classified website, sold to Haymarket Publishing Group
- Visordown Ltd, owner of the leading UK motorcyclist community website www.visordown.com sold to Magicalia Ltd
- Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC sold Raven Fox Ltd, publisher of B2B journal Duty Free News to The Metroplolis Group
- Magicalia, the leading consumer special interest community website publisher, sold to Exponent Private Equity
- Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC sold Atalink Ltd, a specialist contract publisher, to Ten Alps PLC
- Global Professional Media Ltd, publisher of leading B2B weekly Legal Week, sold to Incisive Media PLC
List of all Fusion Transactions – HERE