Taptica Acquires Majority Holding in Adinnovation

Taptica, a global end-to-end mobile advertising platform for advertising agencies and brands, has acquired a majority shareholding in Adinnovation Inc., a Japanese mobile advertising agency, for up to $5.7 million.

Taptica is paying up to $5.7m for 57% of the issued share capital of ADI with approximately three-quarters payable immediately on closing and the remainder after 12 months based on ADI meeting certain targets. In addition, the Company has a call option to purchase the remaining 43% of the issued share capital of ADI for a price of 8x net profit and for a period of six months commencing three years after closing. Thereafter, ADI has a put option for a period of three months to sell at a price of 7x net profit.

Hagai Tal, Chief Executive Officer of Taptica, said: “We are delighted to welcome Adinnovation into the Taptica family. The two companies have been working closely together over the past year, generating revenues and profits together. The acquisition is expected to be accretive and earnings enhancing from day one and we also expect to benefit from a number of strategic synergies and mitigate the costs and risks we would have incurred to penetrate a market such as Japan organically. As a result, the Directors believe this transaction will be a key milestone in the continued international expansion of Taptica.”

Israel, Tel Aviv & USA, San Francisco, CA & Japan, Tokyo