Fusion Corporate Partners are pleased to announce the sale of specialist legal publisher Law Business Research to Bowmark Capital, the mid-market private equity firm. Bowmark Capital invested alongside the company’s founders, Richard Davey, Callum Campbell and Sebastian O’Meara. The terms of the deal were not disclosed. The Fusion team was led by Paul Slight.
Established in 1996, Law Business Research (“LBR”) publishes research, data and analysis on international business law and legal markets. The company produces leading publications in fields such as international anti-trust law, arbitration law and Latin American law, and prides itself on creating essential and unique information for its subscribers in over 100 jurisdictions.
LBR today employs over 100 people in the UK, US and Brazil. Its portfolio of products spans news publications, know-how guides, legal rankings and events, and includes titles such as “Global Competition Review”, “Global Arbitration Review”, “Getting The Deal Through” and “Latin Lawyer”. The company serves all the world’s leading law firms and counts a large number of major corporations and regulators among its clients.
The international legal market has grown significantly in recent years, driven by globalisation and the growth in cross-border trade, and this has fuelled the demand for increasingly sophisticated and timely information from the legal profession. With the backing of private equity, LBR is now seeking to further capitalise on this growth, by expanding both its sector and geographic coverage.
Richard Davey, LBR’s managing director, commented: “We have ambitious plans to continue developing our business, and to further extend the depth and breadth of our services – while continuing to provide the highest quality content to our subscribers worldwide. In Bowmark, we have found a supportive and experienced financial partner to help us achieve these goals.”
Bowmark partner, Julian Masters, said: “LBR is a unique business in a growing market, with an outstanding reputation based on the quality of its content. We are delighted to be backing Richard Davey and his team in the next stage of the company’s growth.”
Recent Fusion Deals
Media and Information
- A Fusion Deal: Wilmington Group acquires NHiS Posted on February 11, 2013
- Platts acquires sugar and bi0-fuels price information and analytics business Kingsman Posted on November 5, 2012
- CRU Group acquires phosphates and sulphur analysis and price-forecasting business Fertecon Research Centre Posted on October 28, 2012
- International grain trading conferences, Global Grain Geneva and Global Grain Asia, sold to Euromoney Institutional Investor
- Fertilizer market information and analysis business Fertecon sold to Informa Group
- A Fusion Deal: FMB Consultants sold to Argus Media
- Econsultancy sold to Centaur Posted on July 10, 2012
- www.Bit-Tech.net, the leading PC customisation online community and review site, sold to Dennis Publishing
- DMG Information sold Hobsons, its pan-European corporate recruitment print, web, event and market research operations, to Group GTI
- Hedgefund Intelligence, global B2B newsletter publishers and online data provider to the hedgefund sector, sold to Euromoney Institutional Investor
- www.digitalspy.co.uk the UK’s largest independent entertainment news website sold to Hachette Filipacchi UK
- www.CarDesignNews.com, a leading international B2B community website sold to Ultima Media
- MyHobbyStore.co.uk has acquired Model Collector and Stamp Magazine from IPC Media
- Trusted Reviews the UK’s premier electronic product review website sold to IPC Media
- Kable Ltd, the B2B online market intelligence provider and event organiser for the ICT sector sold to Guardian News & Media
- Petrolheads, the leading sports car enthusiast community and classified website, sold to Haymarket Publishing Group
- Visordown Ltd, owner of the leading UK motorcyclist community website www.visordown.com sold to Magicalia Ltd
- Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC sold Raven Fox Ltd, publisher of B2B journal Duty Free News to The Metroplolis Group
- Magicalia, the leading consumer special interest community website publisher, sold to Exponent Private Equity
- Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC sold Atalink Ltd, a specialist contract publisher, to Ten Alps PLC
- Global Professional Media Ltd, publisher of leading B2B weekly Legal Week, sold to Incisive Media PLC
- Energy specialist Utilyx sold to MITIE Group
- Utility Masters Limited sold to M&C Energy Group
- Encore International sold to McKinnon & Clarke
- John Hall Associates, the leading supplier of Energy market intelligence and procurement services, sold to EnergyQuote
- Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC sold Energy Information Centre Ltd, an energy intelligence provider, to Broadfern Partners
- Carson Systems sold to Wellesley Information Services
- eLitigation business Legal Inc is acquired by Grant Thornton
- Zig Zag Holdings, the leading UK independent TV Producer of factual and factual entertainment shows, sold to Banijay Entertainment
- UKIP Media & Events sold its aviation exhibition division, incorporating Aircraft Interiors Expo, to Reed Exhibitions
- Telcap Ltd, a leading B2B events and publshing business, sold to Euromoney Institutional Investor Plc
You must be logged in to post a comment.