This is the third acquisition for Evolve Media in the last five months, having recently acquired Dogtime Media and AfterEllen.com (formerly of Viacom).
Founded in 2007, TotalBeauty.com has 3.5 million monthly users (comScore, January 2015). It features daily editorial coverage of beauty news and trends, along with thousands of user-generated reviews, spanning more than 55,000 products that include well-known prestige, mass-market, salon, and spa items. The acquisition of Total Beauty Media Group also includes BeautyRiot.com, a website that offers celebrity hairstyle how-tos and tips from top hairstylists, fashion stylists, and makeup artists.
TotalBeauty.com will eventually be housed under the comScore property, TotallyHer – Beauty & Style Portfolio. In addition, Total Beauty personnel will join Evolve Media’s staff in the Los Angeles and New York offices.
“The acquisition of Total Beauty Media is another important milestone for Evolve Media and reaffirms our commitment to consolidate the most influential lifestyle publishing brands online. The Total Beauty team has done a fantastic job of building the most comprehensive and authoritative beauty site on the web,” said Aaron Broder, CEO and Co-Founder of Evolve Media.”
USA, Los Angeles, CA
- Evolve Media acquires BabyandBump.com Posted on October 26, 2011
- Evolve Media Corp acquires Crowd Ignite Posted on June 14, 2011
- Youthology acquires TeenSpot.com Posted on May 31, 2011
- Evolve Media Corp. acquires WholesomeBabyFood.com Posted on May 29, 2011
- Evolve Media Corp. acquires PlayStationLifeStyle Posted on February 23, 2011