Ziff Davis, the digital media company in the technology, gaming and men’s lifestyle categories, has acquired NetShelter. The terms of the deal were not disclosed. Ziff Davis is a division of j2 Global, Inc.
NetShelter is a network of over 150 consumer and business tech sites, including AndroidCentral.com, MacRumors.com, Neoseeker.com, SlashGear.com and TechSpot.com, which create over 40,000 articles every month, delivering nearly 16 billion ad impressions per year.
Vivek Shah, CEO of Ziff Davis, said: “The acquisition of NetShelter fully returns Ziff Davis to the dominant market position in the technology vertical. We will combine our best-in-class ad targeting capabilities and trading desk expertise with what our marketers need most today: High-quality, high-impact inventory that’s available at scale on trusted sites frequented by tech enthusiasts.”
Hemi Zucker, CEO of j2 Global, said: “This acquisition not only extends Ziff Davis’ leadership position in the tech vertical but makes Ziff Davis overall one of the largest digital media companies in the U.S. that can deliver advertisers targeted, highly desirable audiences of significant scale.
USA, New York, NY
- j2 Global Acquires Ziff Davis, Inc. Posted on November 13, 2012
- Ziff Davis Acquires ComputerShopper.com Posted on May 14, 2012
- Ziff Davis has acquired Focus Research Posted on September 5, 2011
- Ziff Davis acquires LogicBuy.com Posted on January 27, 2011
- Ziff Davis acquired by Vivek Shah and Great Hill Partners Posted on June 6, 2010