Founded in 1998, Tutor.com connects students anytime, anywhere with more than 2,500 screened and qualified tutors for immediate one-to-one sessions. Historically focused on core K-12 subjects, Tutor.com has more recently expanded into AP courses, test prep, college-level curriculum, and real-time writing help.
“Tutor.com has done the hard part, having built over many years an incredible nationwide network of high quality tutors ready to help students improve their learning,” said Greg Blatt , CEO of IAC. “We think it’s ripe for us to accelerate usage by bringing to bear our consumer Internet expertise in areas like product, marketing and distribution. It’s not often we find a company with such untapped potential that our particular skill set can help unlock, in an area that truly helps people improve their lives, all at a compelling valuation. Although it’s small, we’re excited about the acquisition.”
George Cigale will remain CEO and continue to run the business from Tutor.com’s offices in New York City.
USA, New York, NY
- The New York Times Company agrees to sell its About Group to IAC Posted on August 26, 2012
- IAC’s Match.com invests in Chinese matchmaking site Zhenai Posted on September 14, 2011
- Final results of Match.com tender offer for Meetic S.A. announced Posted on September 12, 2011
- Match.com announces planned public offer for all outstanding shares of Meetic S.A. Posted on May 30, 2011
- Mindspark acquires the VoxPop gaming platform Posted on February 17, 2011
- IAC’s Match.com acquires OkCupid Posted on February 4, 2011
- Match.com acquires Singlesnet Posted on February 26, 2010