Aegis Group is to make a strategic investment in local Chinese search search engine marketing agency PinZhong, also known as PZoom. PZoom was founded by Yu Cheng in 2006. Aegis Group’s investment in PZoom is RMB 24 million (£2.4 million).
Aegis Group’s digital performance marketing network, iProspect, will create a trading and development alliance with PZoom in order to bring more scale and breadth of services to existing and prospective Aegis Media clients in the digital performance marketing segment. By formalising a partnership with PZoom, Aegis also expects to extend client opportunities to its other global network brands of Carat, Vizeum and Isobar.
Nick Waters, CEO, Aegis Media Asia Pacific said: “Building scale and competitiveness in both search and performance marketing in China is a priority for Aegis. By identifying and investing in a proven brand like PZoom we will contribute significantly to our quest for growth in this space.”
UK, London and China
- Aegis to acquire Chinese digital agency, Catch Stone, for initial consideration of £55.2m posted on July 23, 2012
- Aegis Group acquires W Garden Posted on July 17, 2012
- Aegis Group plc announces preliminary results for 2011 Posted on March 15, 2012
- Aegis Group acquires Hungarian out-of-home agency PPI Central Europe Posted on March 14, 2012
- Aegis Group to acquire Beijing eLink Advertising Co. Posted on March 5, 2012
- Aegis acquires US digital agency, Roundarch, for initial consideration of $125m Posted on February 22, 2012
- Isobar Acquires Digital Agency The Upper Storey Posted on January 31, 2012
- Aegis Media’s iProspect acquires ICUC to support growing social media offerings Posted on June 10, 2011
- Aegis Group acquires Qualitè Search Marketing Posted on May 13, 2011
- Proposed acquisition of Mitchell Communication Group by Aegis Group plc Posted on August 29, 2010
- Morningstar Australasia acquires Aegis Equities Research Posted on April 2, 2010