According to Ad Age Digital, sources close to Glam Media said that its North American business became profitable in fourth-quarter 2010 and that it will file to go public in the second quarter of 2012. The company is considering Goldman Sachs or Morgan Stanley to lead the offering and Bank of America to underwrite it.
Glam is a vertical media company with 2000 plus lifestyle websites and blogs. It is best known for Glam.com, a website targeted at women. The company also operates the male counterpart Brash.com.
- 2004 – Seed stage, £1.1M series A led by Information Capital LLC
- 2005 – Series B, £10M led by Accel, with DFJ and Walden VC
- 2006 – Series C, £18.5M led by Accel, with DFJ and Walden VC, Information Capital LLC and DG Ventures
- 2008 – Glam Media raises $85 million in private strategic funding
- 2010 – Glam raises $50 million in private equity mezzanine funding
- Glam Media completes Ning acquisition December 6, 2011
- Glam Media to acquire Ning Posted on September 21, 2011
- Glam Media has acquired BabyWorld Posted on May 29, 2011
- Glam Media acquires BBS Media Posted on March 18, 2011
- Glam Media choosing bankers for an IPO Posted on February 24, 2011
- Glam Media acquires German men’s online media company Fantastic Zero Posted on September 10, 2010
- Glam Media to acquire AdPortal August 13, 2010
- Glam Media, Inc. has raised approximately $50 million in a private equity mezzanine funding February 3, 2010
Read the fill story here.
USA, Brisbane, CA