Glam Media has acquired BabyWorld community site, a purchase that’s meant to both spur the company’s growth in the “family/parenting” vertical and solidify its presence in the UK. Details of the deal were not disclosed.
Babyworld, a commercial online magazine for the expectant and new parent community, was started in 1996 by Radcliffe Medical Press. The company describes itself as “an interactive ‘one-stop shop’ resource where our parent community can attend our unique on-line antenatal classes, seek advice, make friends and share experiences, birth stories and information in the discussion forums. They can also read articles, find product information and product reviews as well as shop in our online shop.”
It is being reported that Glam is preparing for an IPO. Glam Media raised its fifth round of venture capital last year – $50 million from aeris CAPITAL. The company did not disclose the valuation of the round, but it was rumoured to be around $750 million.
USA, Brisbane, CA & UK, London
- Glam Media acquires BBS Media Posted on March 18, 2011
- Glam Media choosing bankers for an IPO Posted on February 24, 2011
- Glam Media acquires German men’s online media company Fantastic Zero Posted on September 10, 2010
- Glam Media to acquire AdPortal August 13, 2010
- Glam Media, Inc. has raised approximately $50 million in a private equity mezzanine funding February 3