Demand Media has acquired Creativebug. Creativebug is a video art and craft instruction website. The acquisition will accelerate Demand Media’s expansion into e-Learning.
“We’re seeing a ‘disruption and reinvention’ in the way that people are learning new skills. They are increasingly going online to learn both practical and creative skills, and we believe this convergence has huge potential,” said Joanne Bradford, Chief Marketing and Revenue Officer, Demand Media. “Instead of browsing at a bookstore or attending a class at the local community college, people are going online to learn from a world-renowned expert at a time that fits their schedule, accessing online videos from their smartphone, tablet or desktop.”
“Creativebug masterfully leveraged the e-learning and craft trend in the emerging ‘Create it Yourself’ movement to become a leader in this market,” added Dan Brian, Executive Vice President of Media. “We’ve seen interest in craft-related content on eHow grow more than 20% on average every year over the last three years. We’re sprinting to keep up with demand, adding 29% more video content over the same period. Millions of people who visit eHow every month will be able to access Creativebug’s video workshops led by the top artists and designers in the world. We’re thrilled to add the passionate Creativebug team to the Demand Media family.”
USA, Santa Monica, CA
- Demand Media Acquires Name.com Posted on January 9, 2013
- Demand Media reports third quarter 2011 financial results Posted on November 9, 2011
- Demand Media acquires CoveritLive Posted on March 3, 2011
- Demand for media IPOs growing – Demand Media and Nielsen shares soar above their IPO prices Posted on January 27, 2011
- Demand Media IPO – Details Posted on August 13, 2010
- Demand Media hires Goldman Sachs to explore IPO offering April 16, 2010
You must be logged in to post a comment.