dmg events Middle East, Asia & Africa has acquired five exhibitions, and an associated publication, focused on the construction and transport infrastructure sectors from South African media company Hypenica. The terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
The events, African Construction Expo, Cape Construction Expo and KZN Construction Expo are a natural fit within dmg events’ existing construction portfolio. African Ports Evolution Forum and African Ports Evolution Forum – West Africa add a complementary transport element to the company’s existing customer base across industries such as construction, mining, power and logistics. Finally, Concrete Trends and its digital platform http://www.concrete.tv gives dmg events an established channel through which to support the events as well as deliver content and up to date business information all year round.
Matt Denton, President of dmg events Middle East, Asia & Africa, said, “We know Africa is a key geography for the future growth of our business, as well as those of our exhibitors and visitors. Adding these five events and the accompanying respected trade media to our portfolio is an excellent way to expand our regional reach, enabling us to leverage our sector expertise in new markets”.
KZN Construction Expo will be the first event to take place under new ownership, with the exhibition set to kick off in Durban, South Africa, on February 7 2018, followed by the African Construction Expo in Johannesburg in May.
UAE, Dubai & South Africa, Cape Town
- dmg events acquires Atticus events and hotel interior design series HI Design Posted on January 5, 2018
- Campus Management acquires Hobsons’ Admissions software business from DMGT Posted on September 28, 2017
- DMGT sells Wowcher Posted on November 26, 2015
- DMGT acquires DIIG EUROPE for £75M Posted on October 28, 2013
- DMGT pre-close trading update Posted on September 25, 2013
- DMGT Half Year Preliminary Results Posted on May 23, 2013
- DMGT annual report and M&A update Posted on January 10, 2013
- DMGT has completed its disposal of Northcliffe Media to Local World Posted on January 7, 2013
- Local World to acquire the regional publishing assets of Northcliffe and Iliffe Posted on November 21, 2012
- DMGT sells remaining interest in DMG Radio Australia Posted on September 5, 2012
- DMGT – Q3 results Posted on July 26, 2012
- Acquisition of Xceligentby DMGT Posted on April 27, 2012
- DMGT – trading update for the six-month period to the end of March 2012 Posted on April 17, 2012
- OFT clears the merger between the Digital Property Group and Zoopla Posted onApril 16, 2012
- DMGTacquires Jobrapido Posted on April 16, 2012
- FindaProperty, Primelocation and Zoopla to merge to take on Rightmove Posted onNovember 7, 2011
- DMGT sells GLM to Providence Equity Partners Posted on October 4, 2011
- DMGT trading update September 2011 Posted on September 28, 2011
- DMGT to sell GLM, the United States’ largest privately-held tradeshow management company Posted on June 10, 2011
- DMGT in “informal” talks to buy Express Newspapers Posted on April 4, 2011
- Could DMGT sell Northcliffe? Posted on November 28, 2010
- DMGT back on the acquisition trail? Posted on November 25, 2010
You must be logged in to post a comment.