Wolters Kluwer Health, a provider of information and business intelligence for professionals, students and institutions in medicine, nursing, allied health and pharmacy, has completed the acquisition of Health Language, Inc., a leader in the fast-growing Medical Terminology Management (MTM) market. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
“This acquisition of Health Language is a fit with our strategy to continually expand our market-leading point-of-care solutions portfolio that helps customers around the globe realise the advantages of healthcare information technologies – within their business operations and at the point of care with patients,” said Arvind Subramanian , President & CEO, Wolters Kluwer Health Clinical Solutions. “Health Language is a recognized leader in the MTM field and the right expert to provide our customers with new levels of system interoperability to meet current and future healthcare information sharing needs.”
Health Language’s medical content terminology databases and software solutions enable hospitals, electronic medical record system providers (EMRs) and payers around the globe to manage, update and map disparate medical vocabularies and administrative codes used in U.S. and international settings. The company’s databases and software products include more than 180 standard terminologies and proprietary content sets to enable easier information sharing across many healthcare information technology systems.
The company also provides clinical content and professional services to enable interoperability, web-based terminology mapping, Meaningful Use compliance and ICD-10 conversion, a system of coding created by the World Health Organization that is in various phases of implementation worldwide. Health Language is headquartered in Denver, Colorado and has approximately 85 employees.
USA, Minneapolis, MN
- Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting acquires the assets of BSI, a provider of international tax, legal, business and investment information Posted on September 14, 2012
- Wolters Kluwer completes sale of its pharma-related marketing & publishing services business to Springer Science+Business Media Posted on December 23, 2011
- Wolters Kluwer Financial Services acquires PRINGLE Compliance Polices & Procedures content Posted on December 15, 2011
- Wolters Kluwer Corporate Legal Services completes acquisition of NRAI Posted on September 5, 2011
- Wolters Kluwer Corporate Legal Services to acquire NRAI Posted on June 16, 2011
- Wolters Kluwer Health completes the acquisition of Lexi-Comp Posted on May 29, 2011
- Wolters Kluwer Health to acquire drug information provider Lexi-Comp Posted on April 29, 2011
- Wolters Kluwer Financial Services acquires Spring Programs Posted on April 12, 2011
- Wolters Kluwer Health completes acquisition of Pharmacy OneSource Posted on December 20, 2010
- Fairview Research acquires patent database leader IFI Posted on September 22, 2010
You must be logged in to post a comment.