The French audiovisual production group Lagardère Studios has taken a majority stake in Dutch TV production company Skyhigh TV. The move follows the acquisition of Boomerang TV in Spain and Aito Media Group in Finland respectively in 2015 and 2017. The terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Skyhigh was founded in 1999 and specializes in the production and distribution of entertainment, factual and documentary programs. It is owned by its three founding shareholders: Marc Dik, Wilfred Drechsler and Bernard van den Bosch.
The largest indie television producer in the Netherlands, Skyhigh produces 35 series per year, including such successful projects as The Bully Project, Model in One Day and Teen Mom Celebrity Support.
Christophe Thoral, president of Lagardère Studios said, “The Netherlands is the third largest exporter of TV formats in the world. Our acquisition of Skyhigh TV naturally serves to further our strategy for international growth, but it will also accelerate our policy of creating and circulating formats among our various structures”.
France, Boulogne-Billancourt & Netherlands, Hilversum
- Lagardère receives three bids for magazines Posted on January 23, 2014
- Lagardère completes its hostile takeover of LeGuide Posted on June 20, 2012
- Hearst Corporation completes UK portion of Lagardère Global Acquisition Posted on August 6, 2011
- Hearst completes U.S. portion and majority of its overall acquisition of Lagardere’s international magazine business Posted on June 1, 2011
- Lagardere and Hearst sign the share purchase agreement for the sale of Lagardere’s international magazine business Posted on March 29, 2011
- Negotiations for Hearst’s Acquisition of Lagardere’s International Press and Magazine Business confirmed Posted on January 5, 2011
- Lagardère may sell its portfolio of international titles either Hearst Corp or Bauer Media Group Posted on December 21, 2010