London-based Clarion Events, one of the world’s leading independent events organisers, has completed a merger with Global Sources, a leading Asian exhibitions and online B2B marketplace operator based in Hong Kong. Funds managed by Blackstone will control the combined group. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Combining both market-leaders will create one of the largest privately-owned exhibitions businesses globally, with substantial scale across Asia, Europe and North America, organising 200 events per year and generating more than £300m of Revenues. The combined group will be led by the existing Clarion management team under Chief Executive Officer Russell Wilcox and Chairman Simon Kimble. The new group will continue to operate under the name Clarion Events, with the Global Sources brand identity retained in the Asian region.
Commenting on the announcement, Russell Wilcox, CEO of Clarion Events, said: “This merger marks an important milestone for both companies as we embark on an exciting new chapter. With the support of Blackstone, the new Group is well positioned to take advantage of our combined scale and global platform. We look forward to working with the Global Sources management, and believe that the remarkable expertise and capability of the combined company offers a very strong opportunity for future growth.”
UK, London & Hong Kong
- Blackstone Acquires Clarion Events Posted on July 25, 2017
- A Fusion Deal: Global Technology Forum sold to Clarion Posted on July 27, 2015
- Providence Equity acquires Clarion Events for over £200M Posted on January 14, 2015
- Clarion events take over Scotland’s Speciality Food Show from The Guild of Fine Foods Posted on June 9, 2011
- Clarion Events Boosts Telecoms Portfolio with Acquisition of Avren Events Posted on June 9, 2011