AOL is to acquire Millennial Media, Inc., an end-to-end mobile platform, for $1.75 per share of Millennial Media common stock.
AOL was acquired by Verizon Communications earlier this year for an estimated total value of approximately $4.4 billion.
“AOL is well positioned as consumers spend more and more time on mobile devices, and as advertisers, agencies and publishers become more reliant on programmatic monetization tools,” said Bob Lord, President, AOL. “As we continue to invest in our platforms and technology, the acquisition of Millennial Media accelerates our competitive mobile offering in ONE by AOL and enhances our current publisher offering with an ‘all in’ monetization platform for app developers.”
Founded in 2006, Millennial Media is headquartered in Baltimore, MD and has additional U.S. offices in Atlanta, Boston, New York and San Francisco, and international offices in Hamburg, London, Paris, Singapore and Tokyo. Millennial Media’s portfolio of assets includes acquisitions of TapMetrics, Condaptive, Metaresolver, Jumptap and Nexage.
The transaction will take the form of a tender offer followed by a merger, with Millennial Media becoming a wholly owned subsidiary of AOL upon completion.
USA, New York, NY & Baltimore, MD
- AOL acquires Gravity for $83M January 23, 2014
- AOL completes acquisition of Adap.tv Posted on September 7, 2013
- Townsquare Media Group acquires music and comic book websites from AOL Posted on June 3, 2013
- AOL reports revenue growth for the first time in 8 years in Q4 2012 Posted on February 12, 2013
- AOL’s Advertising.com Group Acquires Buysight, Inc. Posted on December 10, 2012
- AOL is about to announce it’s acquiring hyperlocal veteran Outside.In Posted on March 7, 2011
- AOL completes the acquisition of Huffington Post Posted on March 7, 2011
- AOL acquires The Huffington Post Posted on February 9, 2011
- AOL+HuffPo! Why It is Not Really a Good Deal (from GIGaom)
- After The Huffington Post deal who is going to be bought next (The Drum)
- The Huffington Post buys Adaptive Semantics Posted onJune 22, 2010
- Greycroft Partners closes its second fund to invest in digital media businesses Posted on April 14, 2010
- Outbrain acquires Surphace from AOL Posted on February 4, 2011
- AOL acquires social identity site about.me Posted on December 21, 2010
- AOL acquires Pictela Posted on December 16, 2010
- AOL exploring a breakup of the company and merger with Yahoo Posted on December 7, 2010
- AOL acquires video content syndication platform 5min Media Posted on September 29, 2010
- AOL acquires social software start-up Thing Labs Posted on September 29, 2010
- AOL to acquire TechCrunch network of sites Posted on September 29, 2010