Outbrain provides online publishers with a service for recommending content links to increase traffic and page views, generate revenue and enhance the user experience. The Outbrain service also enables publishers to better monetize their content pages by leveraging recommended links to 3rdparty content.
“By putting the best of both platforms together, we will further establish Outbrain as the leading content discovery platform for premium online publishers,” said Yaron Galai, Co-Founder and CEO of Outbrain. “Our primary goal at Outbrain has always been to provide readers with the most compelling content recommendations possible and to empower publishers to increase revenue from their content in a user-friendly way. Merging the Surphace technology into our platform allows us to advance that mission in a very significant way.”
Surphace CEO Josh Guttman will be joining the Outbrain team as Senior Vice President and will head Outbrain’s strategic platform integrations. “I’m thrilled to see this come to fruition and to join the Outbrain team. Surphace and Outbrain have a long shared mission in helping publishers grow their business while providing readers with an engaging experience. Combining the two businesses to create the clear winner in content discovery was an easy decision,” said Guttman.
USA, New York, NY
- AOL acquires social identity site about.me Posted on December 21, 2010
- AOL acquires Pictela Posted on December 16, 2010
- AOL exploring a breakup of the company and merger with Yahoo Posted on December 7, 2010
- AOL acquires video content syndication platform 5min Media Posted on September 29, 2010
- AOL acquires social software start-up Thing Labs Posted on September 29, 2010
- AOL to acquire TechCrunch network of sites Posted on September 29, 2010