News Corp has acquired BigDecisions.com in India.
BigDecisions.com aims to help Indian consumers make smarter financial decisions through interactive, decision-making tools powered by sophisticated algorithms and data. Its mission is to provide a platform to deliver unbiased information and analysis to consumers on topics ranging from life and health insurance and retirement planning to providing for a child’s education or buying and renting real estate.
“Our latest investment builds on our abiding belief that a digital India needs more trusted, reliable and independent data,” said Robert Thomson, Chief Executive of News Corp. “BigDecisions.com will help Indians make the most important decisions by using accurate information tailored to their personal needs. This platform will be high quality, privacy-protected and easy-to-use.”
The acquisition of BigDecisions.com includes the site’s parent company, FinDirect Services Pvt Ltd.
The investment follows News Corp’s acquisition in November of a 25% stake in PropTiger.com, a residential real estate platform that also provides accurate and independent data and information to India’s homebuyers. News Corp’s other operations in India include Dow Jones, The Wall Street Journal, Factiva and HarperCollins Publishers businesses.
Started in early 2013 by Manish Shah and Gaurav Roy, and operating until recently as bigdecisions.in.Following the acquisition, both co-founders will help oversee a significant expansion of the Mumbai-based BigDecisions.com team as well as its consumer offerings. They will report to Raju Narisetti, News Corp Senior Vice President, Strategy.
USA, New York & India, Mumbai
- News Corp to acquire online US real estate business Move September 30, 2014
- News Corp acquires Irish social news agency Storyful January 4, 2014
- News Corporation sells stake in Phoenix Satellite Television Holdings Posted on March 22, 2013
- News Corporation to sell its stake in SKY New Zealand Posted on March 7, 2013
- Manchester United acquires BskyB’s One-Third Stake in MUTV Posted on January 24, 2013
- Sky acquires Parthenon Media Group Posted on July 30, 2012
- News Corporation acquires a stake in MOBY Group Posted on January 18, 2012
- BSkyB invests in Zeebox Posted on January 9, 2012
- Shine Group acquires ChannelFlip Posted on January 9, 2012
- Specific Media has acquired Myspace from News Corporation Posted on June 30, 2011
- News Corporation pays A$45 million for Kidspot Posted on June 29, 2011
- News Corp completes the Shine Group acquisition Posted on April 5, 2011 — Fusion DigiNet
- News Corporation to acquire Shine Group Posted on February 21, 2011
- Photobucket and Ontela to merge Posted on January 21, 2011
- News Corp. sells Fox Mobile Group to Jesta Group Posted on December 23, 2010
- News Corp acquires Wireless Generation Posted on November 23, 2010
- News Corporation acquires Skiff and makes an investment in Journalism Online Posted on June 15, 2010
- BSkyB acquires Virgin Media Television Posted on June 6, 2010
- News Corp. invests in Beyond Oblivion Posted on April 26, 2010
- News Corp. acquires games developer Irata Labs Posted on April 23, 2010
- News Corporation is considering the sale of Berlin based Jamba Posted on March 11, 2010
- News Corporation acquires a stake in Rotana Group Posted on February 23, 2010
- CME buys 90% stake of the Dow Jones Indexes business for $607.5 million Posted on February 12, 2010
- Lachlan Murdoch sells $28m News Corp stake Posted on November 30, 2009
- MySpace Buys ad supported music streamer Imeem Posted on November 19, 2009
You must be logged in to post a comment.