LexisNexis Legal & Professional, a provider of content and technology solutions (and part of Reed Elsevier), together with Reed Elsevier Properties SA, has acquired the publishing brands and businesses of Sheshunoff and A.S. Pratt from the Thompson Media Group. Financial details of the transaction are not being disclosed.
Widely known for its “how to” guides for compliance professionals, the Sheshunoff collection of publications includes more than 100 titles offering expert information critical for the financial services industry with a strong focus on federally regulated banking and credit union lending activities. The A.S. Pratt collection has established itself as the “gold standard” of analytical content for the banking and commercial practice areas and includes 40 industry-leading titles covering key legal and regulatory issues – including respected treatises, journals and newsletters such as the Banking Law Journal, Pratt’s Letter, Brady on Bank Checks, Clark’s The Law of Secured Transactions, and others.
“Sheshunoff and A.S. Pratt are highly valued brands that have built a trusted reputation by featuring some of the country’s most respected and recognized legal authorities,” said Bob Romeo, CEO, Research & Litigation Solutions at LexisNexis. “The addition of this trusted practice area content to our portfolio, and our ability to offer them through multiple channels further cements the status of LexisNexis as a premier provider of holistic banking and compliance information and analytical content.”
Both collections will continue to be offered in print format. Additionally, LexisNexis intends to offer them through digital channels, including as eBooks and online.
Other acquisitions in the past year include Law360 legal news, Knowledge Mosaic securities content and services and Oxford University Press intellectual property titles.
USA, New York, NY
- LexisNexis to Sell its Screening Solutions Portfolio to Symphony Technology Group Posted on January 18, 2013
- Elsevier acquires Knovel, provider of web-based productivity application for the engineering community Posted on January 11, 2013
- Elsevier acquires Aureus Sciences Posted on January 11, 2013
- Elsevier Announces its Acquisition of the Journal of Choice Modelling Posted on December 17, 2012
- Reed Elsevier – results for the six months to 30 June 2012 Posted on July 30, 2012
- LexisNexis acquires Law360 Posted on March 21, 2012
- Reed Elsevier results for 2011 Posted on March 13, 2012
- Elsevier acquires The Ocular Surface Posted on January 19, 2012
- Elsevier acquires QUOSA Posted on January 12, 2012
- Reed Elsevier to acquire Accuity Posted on September 28, 2011
- Elsevier acquires oncology journal portfolio From Cancer Information Group Posted on February 4, 2011
- Martini Media Network raises $6 million led by Reed Elsevier Ventures Posted on June 14, 2010
- EPPG acquires Reed Business Information GmbH Posted on April 20, 2010
- RBI-US sells Publishers Weekly to former publisher George Slowik Posted on April 6, 2010
- Sandow Media acquires Interior Design and Furniture Today from Reed Business Information-US Posted on March 19, 2010
- Reed Business Information-US sells School Library Journal and Library Journal to Media Source Posted on March 1, 2010
- Canon Communications acquires design engineering media properties from RBI-US Posted on February 16, 2010: (Updated)