Wilmington Group plc, the professional information and training group, has announced its results for the year ended 30 June 2012.
- Adjusted EBITA increased by 10.2% to £16.5m (2011: £14.9m)
- Adjusted EBITA margins improved to 19.3% (2011:17.8%)
- Adjusted Profit before Tax up 4.6% to £14.0 million (2011: £13.4 million) on revenues up 1.8% to £85.3m (2011: £83.8m): statutory profit before tax increased by 4.1% to £6.3m
- Publishing & Information revenues from the higher margin online/digital business have increased to 76% (2011: 72%), with print decreasing to 11% (2011: 16%)
- Continued strong cash generation, with 109% (2011: 111%) cash conversion of operating profit
- Net debt £3.8m lower at £36.2m (2011: £40.0m)
- Planned sale of surplus freehold property
- Exited contract directory publishing
- Proposed final dividend of 3.5 pence per share, making a full year maintained dividend of 7.0 pence per share
Mark Asplin, Chairman, commented: “As part of our transition to a higher margin better quality business, a number of major operational challenges have been successfully addressed during the year. The result is a more streamlined, focussed and profitable business.
The legal training business is now more profitable and in better shape than it was twelve months ago, although market conditions affecting our client base remain difficult. The phasing out of legacy publishing products will continue during the current year as the Group continues to invest in subscription based digital products and migrates its business away from print directories and services in which it does not own intellectual property. We expect the remainder of our core businesses to continue to show growth. We are also pleased with the progress we are making towards achieving our medium term financial targets.”
Full details of the results and an investors presentation are available here.
- Wilmington Group plc to acquire Axco Insurance Information Services for upto £22 million Posted on September 28, 2010
- Wilmington Group acquires Millennium ADMP Posted on May 18, 2012
- Wilmington in talks to acquire Dods Posted on July 4, 2010
- Wilmington Group – Full Year Results Posted on September 20, 2011