Wolters Kluwer has completed the sale of its pharma-related Marketing & Publishing Services business to Springer Science+Business Media. The sale is part of Wolters Kluwer’s strategy to focus on core health markets through its Wolters Kluwer Health & Pharma Solutions division.
“The sale of our pharma-related business will allow us to focus future investments in our core healthcare business in key growth areas such as point of care,” said Nancy McKinstry, CEO and Chairman of the Executive Board of Wolters Kluwer. “We are committed to continued investments in innovative solutions that help clinicians around the globe access critical information to improve healthcare.”
The agreement encompasses the Marketing & Publishing Services business unit, part of the Wolters Kluwer Health & Pharma Solutions division. Marketing & Publishing Services is a leading global provider of strategic marketing, publishing, and business intelligence products and services to the pharmaceutical industry as well as to medical libraries and academic and research institutions. The sale represents approximately 35% of the company’s pharma-related assets in terms of revenue, with Adis and inScience Communications as the leading brands, and encompasses approximately 450 employees globally.
The intention to divest the Pharma Solutions business was announced in July 2011. The proceeds from this divestment are expected to be used for general corporate purposes including the reduction of debt levels in line with the company’s stated objectives and investments in the business. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Netherlands, Alphen Aan Den Rijn
- Wolters Kluwer Financial Services acquires PRINGLE Compliance Polices & Procedures content Posted on December 15, 2011
- Wolters Kluwer Corporate Legal Services completes acquisition of NRAI Posted on September 5, 2011
- Wolters Kluwer Corporate Legal Services to acquire NRAI Posted on June 16, 2011
- Wolters Kluwer Health completes the acquisition of Lexi-Comp Posted on May 29, 2011
- Wolters Kluwer Health to acquire drug information provider Lexi-Comp Posted on April 29, 2011
- Wolters Kluwer Financial Services acquires Spring Programs Posted on April 12, 2011
- Wolters Kluwer Health completes acquisition of Pharmacy OneSource Posted on December 20, 2010
- Fairview Research acquires patent database leader IFI Posted on September 22, 2010