Penske Media Corporation, the parent company of ARTnews, is to acquire Art Market Monitor, an online publication run by its founding editor Marion Maneker since 2008. Through the acquisition, Maneker will become editorial director of ArtNews Media, LLC, a company that oversees ARTnews and Art in America. The terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Jay Penske, Chairman and CEO of PMC, said, “In the art world, where a significantly fragmented audience spans so many websites, newsletters, and brands, PMC sees the opportunity to augment these exceptional brands with further investments in content and editorial, complemented by robust data and analytic tools, and growing an engaging live media and event business. This acquisition adds a strong subscription business that expands PMC’s reach and influence in the art vertical.”
Prior to launching Art Market Monitor, Maneker was the publisher of HarperCollins’s business books imprint from 2002 to 2007. He also served as an editor at Simon & Schuster, and his writing has appeared in New York Magazine, the New York Sun, and Slate.
Art Market Monitor offers in-depth news and analysis about the art market, and also offers a premium subscription service. In addition to its editorial offerings, the website produces a podcast called Artelligence.
PMC acquired ARTnews and Art in America in 2018. Other publications in its portfolio include Variety, WWD, Robb Report, Rolling Stone, and Indiewire.
USA, Los Angeles, CA & New York, NY
- Penske Media acquires ARTnews & Art in America Posted on November 13, 2018
- Penske Media acquires controlling interest in Wenner Media and Rolling Stone Posted on December 20, 2017
- PenskeMedia acquires FashInvest Posted on November 27, 2017
- Penske Media Corporation acquires Variety from Reed Business Information Posted on October 9, 2012
- Bloomsbury Publishing acquires Fairchild Books, Posted on April 16, 2012
You must be logged in to post a comment.