Based in the U.K., PCI Acrylonitrile publishes the Acrylonitrile Market Report, a monthly report focused on the global acrylonitrile industry and its derivatives. Led by Simon Garmston, founder of PCI Acrylonitrile, the company also provides annual market analysis as well as consulting services and hosts a key industry event focused on the acrylonitrile sector.
“The acquisition of PCI Acrylonitrile is a tremendous addition to our industry-leading chemical market advisory service covering the fibers and plastics businesses,” said Scott Key, IHS president and CEO. “The acrylonitrile analysis, combined with our IHS Chemical olefin, propylene market and special reports coverage, as well as the upstream market coverage we deliver at IHS, will provide unparalleled integrated analysis that is essential to our customers. We are excited to welcome Simon Garmston, who is recognized globally for his expertise in this highly specialized, but strategically important and growing chemical market.”
Acrylonitrile is an essential component for the production of fibers and polyacrylonitrile (PAN), a versatile, high-strength polymer (plastic) resin used to produce a variety of products in both civilian and military applications. PAN fibers are used to manufacture clothing and other ‘acrylic-based’ products. Additionally, PAN is used to produce high-quality carbon fibers, which are essential to high-tech communications infrastructure and production of aircraft, filtration systems, missiles, industrial and technology components, as well as numerous consumer goods.
USA, Englewood, CO & UK, London
- IHS Completes Acquisition of R.L. Polk & Co. Posted on July 16, 2013
- IHS acquires Intellichem June 27, 2013
- IHS acquires PFC Energy Posted on June 21, 2013
- IHS to acquire global automotive information business R.L. Polk & Co. for $1.4BN Posted on June 9, 2013
- IHS acquires Fekete Associates Posted on April 8, 2013
- IHS Acquires IMS Research for $46M Posted on March 22, 2012
- IHS closes three acquisitions: Posted on March 5, 2012
- IHS makes five acquisitions – CMAI, ODS-Petrodata, Dyadem International, EIATrack & CSM South America Posted on June 14, 2011