Elsevier has acquired Knovel Corp. New York City-based Knovel provides a web-based application that integrates technical information with analytical and search tools for the engineering community.
Founded in 2001, Knovel has developed a deep knowledge of the engineering community and is a valuable tool for thousands of engineers and students in more than 700 corporations and engineering schools worldwide. Knovel integrates information and data from more than 100 engineering societies and publishers and makes it highly searchable and interactive so that engineers can easily manipulate the data they find and use it in other engineering applications.
“Knovel’s comprehensive list of content contributors, engineering-specific search, and tools such as interactive graphs, together with Elsevier’s deep engineering content base and global market reach, will allow us to deliver an even more comprehensive and better integrated solution for engineers and engineering students,” said Alexander van Boetzelaer, Managing Director of Elsevier Corporate Markets. “This acquisition will give us the opportunity to provide an enhanced experience for our customers as they work to overcome engineering challenges and improve technical outcomes.”
The Netherlands, Amsterdam & USA, New York
- Elsevier acquires Aureus Sciences Posted on January 11, 2013
- Elsevier Announces its Acquisition of the Journal of Choice Modelling Posted on December 17, 2012
- Reed Elsevier – results for the six months to 30 June 2012 Posted on July 30, 2012
- Reed Elsevier results for 2011 Posted on March 13, 2012
- Elsevier acquires The Ocular Surface Posted onJanuary 19, 2012
- Elsevier acquires QUOSA Posted on January 12, 2012
- Reed Elsevier to acquire Accuity Posted on September 28, 2011
- Elsevier acquires oncology journal portfolio From Cancer Information Group Posted on February 4, 2011
- Martini Media Network raises $6 million led by Reed Elsevier Ventures Posted on June 14, 2010
You must be logged in to post a comment.