Meredith Corporation has completed the acquisition of the Allrecipes.com business from The Reader’s Digest Association.
Digest Association will use the net cash proceeds from the sale, after estimated taxes and transaction fees, of approximately $150 million, primarily to repay debt and related fees.
“The sale of Allrecipes accomplishes two important strategic objectives for Reader’s Digest Association – the deleveraging of our balance sheet and the continued transformation of the Company as we refocus our resources on our core media and direct marketing businesses in our North America and International divisions,” said Robert Guth, Reader’s Digest Association president and CEO. “We are grateful to the Allrecipes employees for their contributions to our Company and wish them well in their new home.”
USA, Des Moines, IA & New York, NY
- Meredith to acquire Allrecipes.com Posted on February 3, 2012
- Meredith to Acquire Every Day with Rachael Ray Posted on October 25, 2011
- Meredith acquires Real Girls Media Network Posted onDecember 14, 2010
- Meredith buys The Hyperfactory Posted by on July 13, 2010
- The Reader’s Digest puts itself up for sale Posted on July 19, 2011
- Better Capital backs management buy-out to acquire Reader’s Digest UK Posted on April 12, 2010
You must be logged in to post a comment.