Amazon.com is to acquire TenMarks, a company that offers personalised online math instruction and practice in a clear, manageable format for K-12 students. The terms of the deal were not disclosed. The acquisition is expected to close in the fourth quarter of 2013.
“Amazon and TenMarks share the same passion for student learning. TenMarks’s award-winning math programs have been used by tens of thousands of schools and Amazon engages with millions of students around the world through our Kindle ecosystem,” said Dave Limp, Vice President, Amazon Kindle. “Together, Amazon and TenMarks intend to develop rich educational content and applications, across multiple platforms, that we think teachers, parents and students will love.”
USA, Seattle, WA
- Amazon.com to acquire Goodreads Posted on March 28, 2013
- Amazon Publishing to acquire Marshall Cavendish US Children’s Books Titles Posted on December 6, 2011
- Amazon.com Q3 results – sales up 44% to $10.88 Billion, Net income down 73% to $63 million Posted on October 27, 2011
- Amazon to acquire LOVEFiLM International Posted on January 20, 2011
- Amazon acquires online baby care specialty site Quidsi for $540M Posted on November 8, 2010
- Amazon acquires BuyVIP Posted on October 7, 2010
- Amazon buys online music retailer Amie Street Posted on September 8, 2010
- Amazon acquires online retailer Woot.com June 30, 2010
You must be logged in to post a comment.