Trinity Mirror has announced its half-yearly financial report for the 26 weeks ended 30 June 2013
- Revenue falls £30.8 million to £332 million (2012: £362.8million)
- Profit before tax up 2.5% to £49.3 million
- EPS growth of 5.5% to 15.4 pence – Driven by increased profit before tax and reduced tax rate.
- Strong cash flows drive further reduction in net debt of £36.7 million
- Net debt reduced to £120.3 million and on track to repay £54.5 million of maturing debt in October 2013 without the need to draw on the Group’s bank facility.
- Strong growth in digital audience and digital display advertising
- Average monthly unique users grew by 36.9% and average monthly page views grew by 48.6% year on year across all publishing operations with digital display revenue growing by 15.1%.
Click on the results table below to enlarge the image
Commenting on the results, Simon Fox, Chief Executive, Trinity Mirror plc, said, “I am pleased with the progress we have made in the first half. The Group is producing some outstanding journalism and in a challenging market is outperforming its peers on a number of measures in both print and online. Whilst still at an early stage, our transformation plan has got off to an encouraging start and this provides me with confidence in the performance for the year.”
- Trinity Mirror plc – Preliminary results for year ended 30 December 2012 Posted on March 14, 2013
- Trinity Mirror – preliminary results for 2011 Posted on March 15, 2012
- Trinity Mirror secures new financing facilities to August 2015 Posted on March 15, 2012
- Guardian News & Media sell paidContent to GigaOM Posted on February 8, 2012
- Trinity Mirror takes full control of Fish4 Posted on October 14, 2010
- Trinity Mirror plc to acquire GMG Regional Media Posted on February 9, 2010
You must be logged in to post a comment.