More details are available on the Experian website at www.experianplc.com
- Strong FY13 performance; considerable strategic progress with our global growth programme gaining momentum and delivering strong results.
- Notable performances from North America and Latin America, particularly in Credit Services, and from Consumer Services in the UK&I.
- Revenue from continuing activities up 10%, at constant exchange rates. Organic revenue growth of 8%. Total revenue from continuing activities up 6%. Total Group revenue of US$4.7bn (2012: US$4.5bn).
- Strong margin progression. EBIT margin from continuing activities up 40 basis points to 26.6%. EBIT from continuing activities up 13%, at constant exchange rates. Total EBIT from continuing operations of US$1,253m up 7%.
- Profit before tax from continuing operations of US$440m (2012: US$689m), after an IFRS charge of US$558m (2012: US$325m) from the movement in the Serasa put option.
- Benchmark profit before tax of US$1,195m, up 6%. Benchmark EPS of 85.7 US cents, up 9%. Basic EPS from continuing operations of 25.2 US cents (2012: 66.8 US cents).
- Net debt of US$2,938m at 31 March 2013. 94% conversion of EBIT into operating cash flow.
- Second interim dividend of 24.00 US cents per ordinary share, to give full-year dividend of 34.75 US cents per ordinary share, up 9%.
- Plan to initiate a share purchase programme totalling US$500m over the next 12 months (inclusive of share purchases in respect of employee share plans that vest).
Sir John Peace, Chairman, commented, “Experian has delivered excellent financial results and has built firm foundations to sustain premium performance into the future. In keeping with our capital strategy, which seeks to balance growth investment with returns to shareholders, we are today announcing a further share repurchase programme, along with a 9% increase in our full-year dividend.”
- Experian acquires Decisioning Solutions Posted on April 3, 2013
- Experian acquires Virid Interatividade Digital, a permission-based email marketing company Posted on July 26, 2011
- Experian acquires a majority stake in Techlightenment Posted on January 19, 2011
- Experian acquires RentBureau Multifamily Division Posted on June 24, 2010
- The First American Corporation acquires Experian’s interest in FARES Posted on April 23, 2010