Voetbalzone is an independent sports site in the Netherlands. The acquisition will be for an initial consideration of €2.0m with an additional contingent consideration of up to €10.5m payable based on the EBITDA of Voetbalzone for the years to 31 December 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Voetbalzone covers all the news from the world of football and is the number one independent sports site in the Netherlands attracting an average of 2m unique users per month, and ranked as the 6th largest sport site on comScore.
Oliver Slipper, joint CEO of Perform commented: “We are delighted to have announced the acquisition of Voetbalzone. The Dutch market is extremely exciting and one of the leading media markets in Europe and this acquisition really positions us a strong player here. We have set out a growth strategy focused on augmenting Perform’s strong organic growth with selective acquisitions including ‘local champions’ and today’s announcement is an excellent example of us executing this strategy.”
Perform Group also announced full year results today with revenue growth of 47% and adjusted EBITDA growth of 103% – full details.
Perform Group recent acquisitions:
- Acquisition of RunningBall, a leading real-time data provider in May for total cash and equity consideration of €120 million. Post acquisition integration complete and new product development progressing well.
- Acquisition of 51% of Mackolik in June, Turkey’s leading digital sports business for £14.5 million (with a further £1.0 million payable in 2013 due to the above expected performance of the business in 2012). Remaining 49% to be acquired in 2016.
UK, Feltham & The Netherlands
- Perform acquires Turkish digital sports media company Mackolit Posted on June 30, 2012
- Perform Group to acquire RunningBall for up to €120 million Posted on May 16, 2012
- Perform Group to float on the main market of the London Stock Exchange Posted on March 10, 2011