Internet Brands today announced the acquisition of Forum Runner, a mobile application that allows forum users to interact with online communities from mobile devices. Forum Runner will operate as part of Internet Brands’ vBulletin software division.
“Mobile is no longer the future; it’s the present,” said John McGanty, general manager of vBulletin. “It’s imperative for online forums to offer a good mobile user experience as they experience explosive growth in usage from mobile devices. Forum Runner gives forum sites an easy way of providing native iOS and Android mobile apps to their users.”
Forum Runner is free to forum owners and very simple to install. It provides native iOS and Android mobile applications to forum users.
Forum Runner supports websites running a variety of forum software options including vBulletin. Support for all platforms will continue going forward, and Forum Runner will continue to publish and support its paid, customised branded versions of its applications.
USA, Los Angeles, CA
- Internet Brands acquires The Frugal Travel Guy Posted on February 3, 2012
- Internet Brands acquires legal publisher Nolo Posted on May 10, 2011
- Hellman & Friedman completes the acquisition of Internet Brands December 18, 2010
- Kendall Law Group investigates Internet Brands acquisition – says the transaction may be undervaluing the company Posted on September 21, 2010
- Internet Brands to be acquired by PE firm Hellman & Friedman for $640 million Posted on September 21, 2010
- Internet Brands acquires DoDTracker.com and PursePage.com Posted on April 28, 2010
- Internet Brands acquires online professional directory network ExpertHub Posted on April 28, 2010