The Frugal Travel Guy was founded in 2007 by Rick Ingersoll, a retired mortgage banker and avid world traveler. Ingersoll is a noted expert in frequent flyer mile programs, customer service requests, and using good credit ratings to take advantage of bank promotions.
“Rick’s passion for travelling frugally is contagious. You can feel his energy and enthusiasm in The Frugal Travel Guy blog, which is constantly updated with new travel tips and informative personal anecdotes about saving money on travel,” said Brent Conver, General Manager, Travel and Leisure at Internet Brands. “The expertise Rick and the entire Frugal Travel Guy team offer make The Frugal Travel Guy a valuable asset to our growing portfolio of travel sites designed to make travel easier, cheaper and more efficient for consumers.”
The Frugal Travel Guy will join Internet Brands travel sites FlyerTalk, Wikitravel and CruiseMates. Ingersoll and his team of writers will continue producing the Frugal Travel Guy blog after the acquisition.
USA, Los Angeles, CA
- Internet Brands acquires legal publisher Nolo Posted on May 10, 2011
- Hellman & Friedman completes the acquisition of Internet Brands December 18, 2010
- Kendall Law Group investigates Internet Brands acquisition – says the transaction may be undervaluing the company Posted on September 21, 2010
- Internet Brands to be acquired by PE firm Hellman & Friedman for $640 million Posted on September 21, 2010
- Internet Brands acquires DoDTracker.com and PursePage.com Posted on April 28, 2010
- Internet Brands acquires online professional directory network ExpertHub Posted on April 28, 2010