Internet Brands has acquired Nolo. The deal includes Nolo’s online legal information portal, lawyer directory and content library. Nolo’s operations will be combined with Internet Brands’ existing legal division, ExpertHub.
According to Jake Warner, “Internet Brands is the ideal acquirer for Nolo with its dedication to high quality products and information. I am confident that Nolo and its mission to provide law for all will thrive under the highly capable leadership of Bob Brisco and his team at Internet Brands.”
From the Nolo Blog:
We are pleased to announce that we have been acquired by Internet Brands, a new media company based in El Segundo, California.
“Nolo has always advocated for a more accessible and affordable legal system while giving consumers the plain-English information they needed to tackle everyday legal tasks,” said Jake Warner, our executive chairman and co-founder. “We’re confident that Internet Brands’ proven expertise in e-commerce, consumer-focused products, and online SMB marketing services will maximize Nolo’s online presence.”
Bob Brisco, CEO of Internet Brands welcomes our company formally on his blog and was quoted in Internet Brands’ press release this morning, “Consumer demand for quality, easy-to-understand legal information continues to grow very rapidly online. Nolo is the gold standard for original legal content, and has expertly navigated the shift to the Internet and digital formats.”
Though this marks a change, Nolo will remain in Berkeley publishing books and software that put the law into plain English, just as it has for the last 40 years.
- Hellman & Friedman completes the acquisition of Internet Brands December 18, 2010
- Kendall Law Group investigates Internet Brands acquisition – says the transaction may be undervaluing the company Posted on September 21, 2010
- Internet Brands to be acquired by PE firm Hellman & Friedman for $640 million Posted on September 21, 2010
- Internet Brands acquires DoDTracker.com and PursePage.com Posted on April 28, 2010
- Internet Brands acquires online professional directory network ExpertHub Posted on April 28, 2010
USA, Los Angeles, CA & Berkeley, CA