The Mondadori-Rodale joint venture was established in 2000 for the publication of Starbene and Men’s Health. Mondadori will buy the 50% of the share capital held by the American publisher Rodale Inc.
This will allow Mondadori to manage autonomously the monthly magazine Starbene, the leading women’s title in the health/wellbeing sector, while at the same time continuing the publication of the Italian edition of Men’s Health, thanks to a multi-year licensing contract.
The Hearst-Mondadori Editoriale partnership was set up in 1999. A year later they began publishing the Italian edition of Cosmopolitan under licence from the Hearst Group. HMI International is to acquire the 50% stake currently held by Mondadori.
“Both of these operations are part of efforts to optimise our portfolio,” declared Stefano De Alessandri, general manager of Magazines Italy, “and are in line with the aim of redefining, reinforcing and expanding Mondadori’s presence in women’s magazines.”
- Hearst completes U.S. portion and majority of its overall acquisition of Lagardere’s international magazine business Posted on June 1, 2011
- Lagardere and Hearst sign the share purchase agreement for the sale of Lagardere’s international magazine business Posted on March 29, 2011
- Negotiations for Hearst’s Acquisition of Lagardere’s International Press and Magazine Business confirmed Posted onJanuary 5, 2011
- Lagardère may sell its portfolio of international titles either Hearst Corp or Bauer Media Group Posted on December 21, 2010
- Hearst Corporation acquires iCrossing Posted onJune 6, 2