Admeld, an on-line advertising optimisation firm, is to be acquired by Google for a reported $400 million The transaction is likely to undergo regulatory review. If the deal goes ahead it will give Google a stronger foothold in te display advertsising market.
Admeld was founed in 2007 by Ben Barokas and Brian Adams. Current Admeld customers include Answers.com, FOX News, IDG TechNetwork, Hearst Television, Discovery, The Weather Channel, ITV, Mail Online, Dennis and Future Publishing and more than 500 others worldwide. Founded in 2007, the company is headquartered in New York City with offices in San Francisco, London, Berlin, and Toronto.
Neal Mohan, Vice President of Display Advertising at Google said, “By combining Admeld’s services, expertise and technology with Google’s offerings, we’re investing in what we hope will be an improved era of flexible ad management tools for major publishers. Together with Admeld, we hope to make display advertising simpler, more efficient and more valuable, provide improved support and services, and enable publishers to make more informed decisions across all their ad space. These are all things our publisher partners have been asking us to further invest in. Of course, Admeld will continue to support other ad networks, demand side platforms, exchanges and ad servers, to yield the best possible results for publishers.”
Michael Barrett, CEO at Admeld said, “What’s driving this relationship is a shared belief that managing display advertising is still far too complicated for publishers, and together Admeld and Google can help address some of the underlying inefficiencies. Though we have no specific integration plans yet, we imagine our combined offerings can help publishers make more informed, efficient, and profitable decisions across all tiers of their inventory.”
USA, Mountain View, CA & New York, NY
- Google acquires PostRank Posted on June 6, 2011
- Groupon files for a $750 million IPO Posted on June 3, 2011
- Groupon buys Pelago Posted on April 29, 2011
- Groupon completes a huge $950 million round of financing Posted on January 11, 2011
- Groupon rejects Google’s $6 billion offer Posted on December 7, 2010
- Has Google bought Groupon? Posted by Fusion DigiNet on November 30, 2010
- Groupon has acquired European competitor Citydeal Posted on May 18, 2010
- Groupon acquires mob.ly Posted on May 7, 2010
- Groupon raises more funds at a $1.2 million valuation Posted on April 18, 2010
- Groupon has raised a Series B financing round of $30 million December 2, 2009