Google has acquired PostRank. Terms of the deal have not been disclosed.
PostRank was founded in 2007 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, PostRank (originally AideRSS, Inc.) monitors and collects social engagement events correlated with online content in real-time across the web. PostRank gathers where and when stories generate comments, bookmarks, tweets, and other forms of interaction from a host of social hubs. Publishers and people interested in their content use PostRank Data Services and Analytics to gauge influence and reach with audiences.
Ilya Grigorik commented on the PostRank blog, “We are extremely excited to join Google. We believe there is simply no better company on the web today that both understands the value of the engagement data we have been focusing on, and has the platform and reach to bring its benefits to the untold millions of daily, active Internet users.”
The PostRank team will be moving to Google’s Mountain View offices in California.
USA, Mountain View, CA & Canada, Ontario
- Groupon files for a $750 million IPO Posted on June 3, 2011
- Groupon buys Pelago Posted on April 29, 2011
- Groupon completes a huge $950 million round of financing Posted on January 11, 2011
- Groupon rejects Google’s $6 billion offer Posted on December 7, 2010
- Has Google bought Groupon? Posted by Fusion DigiNet on November 30, 2010
- Groupon has acquired European competitor Citydeal Posted on May 18, 2010
- Groupon acquires mob.ly Posted on May 7, 2010
- Groupon raises more funds at a $1.2 million valuation Posted on April 18, 2010
- Groupon has raised a Series B financing round of $30 million December 2, 2009