Zynga has acquired Facebook and online games developer Area/Code Games. The business is renamed is now Zynga New York.
Area/Code was founded in early 2005 by Frank Lantz and Kevin Slav. Frank Lantz and Demetri Detsaridis remain on as Creative Director and General Manager, respectively; co-founder Kevin Slavin remains, “nearby but focused on other new ventures.
Zynga is the world’s largest social game developer. More than 215 million monthly active users play its games. Zynga’s games include FarmVille, Treasure Isle, Zynga Poker, Mafia Wars, YoVille, Café World, FishVille, PetVille and FrontierVille. Zynga games are available on Facebook, MySpace and the iPhone.
USA, San Francisco, CA & New York, NY
- Zynga acquires Conduit Labs Posted on August 19, 2010
- Zynga acquires social game developer Unoh Posted on August 13, 2010
- Zynga acquires Beijing-based XPD Media Posted on May 21, 2010
- Zynga has agreed to acquire fellow social games developer Serious Business Posted on February 16, 2010
- Social game firm Zynga raises $180M from Russian investor DST Posted on December 16, 2009
- Social gaming company Zynga raises $15.18M Posted on November 17, 2009