As part of the review of IPC Media’s niche and specialist titles, the company today announces the sale of Classic Boat and Racecar Engineering to The Chelsea Magazine Company. The deal marks the completion of the final divestment as part of the IPC Media strategic review, which began in April.
The deal sees The Chelsea Magazine Company acquire the brands – currently published within the IPC Inspire portfolio – with immediate effect. There will be no interruption to the publishing schedule of either title. All staff transfer to Chelsea.
The Chelsea Magazine Company is an independent publishing company run by an experienced team of creative and marketing professionals, with offices in the United Kingdom and North America. The company publishes: Artists & Illustrators, Cruise International, Military Times, Current World Archaeology, First Eleven and Britain, the official magazine of VisitBritain. Chelsea has also recently acquired Yachts & Yachting magazine.
IPC Inspire managing director Paul Williams says: “Chelsea is a passionate independent publisher, and will provide a great new home for both these brands. I’d like to thank the teams at Classic Boat and Racecar Engineering for their hard work and commitment throughout the review and acquisition process. They have done a brilliant job and I wish them all the very best for the future.”
Chelsea managing director Paul Dobson adds: “My team has become well-known over the years for publishing fine quality magazines, from Motorsport to The English Garden. We understand and value specialist titles with a committed readership, and Classic Boat and Racecar Engineering are good examples of magazines that we publish so well. We are delighted to have added them to our rapidly expanding portfolio.”
- IPC Media sells Wedding and Wedding Flowers magazines to Hubert Burda Media UK Posted on November 19, 2010
- IPC Media sells Railway Magazine to Mortons Media Group Posted on October 31, 2010
- IPC Media sells Hi-Fi News to MyHobbyStore Posted on October 31, 2010
- A Fusion Deal: IPC sells Model Collector and Stamp Magazine to MyHobbyStore.com Posted on October 11, 2010
- More IPC title sales Posted on October 7, 2010
- IPC sells two more titles Posted on October 5, 2010
- Kelsey Publishing acquires Cage and Aviary Birds from IPC Media Posted on September 29, 2010