Groupon has acquired Savored, a provider of reservations at restaurants across the United States. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Savored works with around 1000 restaurant across the United states. After booking a reservation on Savored.com and visiting the restaurant, diners receive up to a 40% discount applied automatically to their bill. The restaurant get incremental revenue for tables that would otherwise be empty.
“Savored’s platform nicely complements Groupon’s efforts in yield management, an area we’ve pioneered with Groupon Now!,” said Dan Roarty, VP of Groupon Now. “We look forward to working together to achieve a common goal – making dining out even more fun and affordable for consumers while helping restaurateurs manage inventory and grow their businesses.”
USA, Mountain View, CA & Chicago, IL
- Groupon acquires Breadcrumb Posted on May 30, 2012
- Groupon acquires Ditto.me. posted on April 17, 2012
- Groupon’s IPO – what the commentators say Posted on November 7, 2011
- Groupon files for a $750 million IPO Posted on June 3, 2011
- Groupon buys Pelago Posted on April 29, 2011
- Groupon completes a huge $950 million round of financing Posted on January 11, 2011
- Groupon rejects Google’s $6 billion offer Posted on December 7, 2010
- Has Google bought Groupon? Posted by Fusion DigiNet on November 30, 2010
- Groupon has acquired European competitor Citydeal Posted on May 18, 2010
- Groupon acquires mob.ly Posted on May 7, 2010
- Groupon raises more funds at a $1.2 million valuation Posted on April 18, 2010
- Groupon has raised a Series B financing round of $30 million December 2, 2009