Entertainment Studios, Inc., one of the US’s largest independent producers and distributors of film and television, with 43 shows on the air, and owner of nine 24-hour HD television networks serving nearly 160 million subscribers, has acquired Bayou City Broadcasting Evansville, Inc., and Bayou City Broadcasting Lafayette, Inc for $165 million. Founder Byron Allen is purchasing the station groups through his company, Allen Media Broadcasting LLC. The terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Byron Allen, who recently joined Sinclair Broadcast Group to successfully acquire the Fox/Disney 21 Regional Sports Networks for $10.6 billion, and also purchased The Weather Channel in 2018, has publicly stated he has been aggressively pursuing additional media assets to purchase. The purchase of these four Bayou City Broadcasting entities — WEVV (CBS) & WEEV (Fox) in Evansville, Indiana and KLAF (NBC) and KADN (Fox) in Lafayette, Louisiana — provides Allen’s television unit with a broader audience and strategically positions the company in broadcast and digital media.
Bayou City Broadcasting Owner/President/CEO DuJuan McCoy said, “Byron Allen is a visionary, and a brilliant entrepreneur who always gets it done. [His] companies, which exemplify excellence, are perfectly positioned to continue the strong tradition these stations have in serving their communities.”
Allen’s expansion into broadcast television is the latest step Entertainment Studios has taken in further expanding the global reach of its programming and content. The Entertainment Studios divisions now include: broadcast television network affiliates, streaming services, broadcast television syndication, production and distribution of 43 television programs, nine 24/7 HD television networks, theatrical motion picture production, acquisition and global distribution, digital movie acquisition and distribution, and global news publishing – making Entertainment Studios one of the largest privately-held media companies in the world.
USA, Los Angeles, CA & The Woodlands, TX
- Sinclair Broadcast Group to acquire 21 regional sports networks from Disney for $10.6 Billion Posted on May 3, 2019
- Sinclair Broadcast Group to sell TV stations as part of Tribune acquisition Posted on April 24, 2018
- Byron Allen’s Entertainment Studios Inc. acquires The Weather Channel Posted on March 22, 2018
- Sinclair Broadcast Group acquires Tribune Media Company for approximately $3.9 Billion Posted on May 8, 2017
- Sinclair Broadcast Group to purchase 6 Newport TV stations; Also to purchase assets of WTTA-TV Posted on July 19, 2012
- The Weather Channel Companies acquire Weather Underground Posted on July 19, 2012
You must be logged in to post a comment.